How to quit a job you just started?

Watch
username5757249
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't know what to say i'm too awkward for chats like these lol. I've only been there for 3 weeks
Moral high horse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just don't show up
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just say you dont like the job and want to leave - no point sticking around (or look for other jobs while in this job)
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"Dear XXXX manager,

This is notice of my resignation from role XXXX. My last date of work will be XXXXXX."
username5757249
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moral high horse)
Just don't show up
but doesn’t that mean they won’t pay me? they pay monthly so i’ve got like 4 more weeks till the next paychequ
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elizabethxo)
but doesn’t that mean they won’t pay me? they pay monthly so i’ve got like 4 more weeks till the next paychequ
If you dont show up with no reasoning, you should be fired - easy fix asdfghjk

If you want to wait for the paycheck, it will give you a chance to consider if you could really do the job long term or at least continue in it - three weeks might not be long enough to determine that, doing it for seven weeks mean you get some money and are able to fully understand the job!
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
If you dont show up with no reasoning, you should be fired - easy fix asdfghjk

If you want to wait for the paycheck, it will give you a chance to consider if you could really do the job long term or at least continue in it - three weeks might not be long enough to determine that, doing it for seven weeks mean you get some money and are able to fully understand the job!
asdhjk the fact that you didnt give the full information here kind of makes my advice useless since you made a second forum and actually explained stuff there
username5757249
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
asdhjk the fact that you didnt give the full information here kind of makes my advice useless since you made a second forum and actually explained stuff there
yeah sorry about that, it’s because no one was replying to that one at first so thought i’d make another here😂 but now you’ve seen my other forum, could you let me know how your advice has changed?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elizabethxo)
yeah sorry about that, it’s because no one was replying to that one at first so thought i’d make another here😂 but now you’ve seen my other forum, could you let me know how your advice has changed?
You said you had been offered another job which pays higher right; go for that, no question about it - unless you think you won't enjoy that one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed