The Student Room Group

How to join the Duke of Edinburgh Programme?

Hi! I know this might sound like a very stupid question, but I was wondering how I could join the Duke of Edinburgh award as I would like to gain volunteering experience. I'm very confused and don't find the website very clear. Do I have to apply online for the program? Or do I have to join through an organization? How does it work in general? Thanks xx
Original post by StarDust99
Hi! I know this might sound like a very stupid question, but I was wondering how I could join the Duke of Edinburgh award as I would like to gain volunteering experience. I'm very confused and don't find the website very clear. Do I have to apply online for the program? Or do I have to join through an organization? How does it work in general? Thanks xx

Don't worry it's not a stupid question, I'd say first check with your school if they're a DofE centre (most schools are) because then you'd just apply via your school DofE coordinator/teacher in charge. In the case of your school not being a DofE centre, and since the site is confusing I'd recommend going to the contact us section and submitting an enquiry that you're interested in joining and leave your email and other contact details so they could contact you directly. Hope this helps xx
Reply 2
Original post by futuremedic444
Don't worry it's not a stupid question, I'd say first check with your school if they're a DofE centre (most schools are) because then you'd just apply via your school DofE coordinator/teacher in charge. In the case of your school not being a DofE centre, and since the site is confusing I'd recommend going to the contact us section and submitting an enquiry that you're interested in joining and leave your email and other contact details so they could contact you directly. Hope this helps xx

Thank you so much! That was so helpful. I will make sure to contact my school first to check. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending