The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Missing Freshers' due to Hull

Hi,
I have got accom in Hull and should be moving in on the 24th, which means I will be missing Freshers' week. Just wondering if anybody else was in the same situation?
Hi there, amazing to hear you're joining us soon in Hull! Is the 24th the start of your contract or the earliest that you are able to join us? Either way, I hope I can offer some reassurance in the fact that a number of close friends of mine also missed freshers, due to illness, not being able to move until later or just not wanting to venture onto campus straight away and it doesn't seem to have negatively impacted any of their experiences. If there are any specific pieces of information you feel you are missing from the various freshers fairs please feel free to contact the student union ([email protected]), your faculty or the skills team ([email protected]) either online or in person- and I would encourage you to reach out to any societies you are interested in that you missed via social media too, as everyone is still very much open to welcoming newbies. If you find yourself with any questions about the city, the Uni or anything in between please feel free to drop us a question on here. :smile:
Lizzy, Student ambassador
University of York
York
Hello,

Please see below a response from our Accommodation Team which we hope will reassure you about accommodation arrangements at the University of York in 2021 and beyond. We’d like to thank you for your continued patience at what we understand is a very difficult and unsettling time.

There has been a higher demand for University-provided accommodation this year, which has taken longer than normal to resolve and we are extremely sorry for the impact and uncertainty this is creating for students.

Below is an update about support we are offering for students this year.

Current situation for students September 2021

We have now completed the allocation of accommodation to any student who met our criteria for a guaranteed room offer because they applied by our accommodation deadline of 27 July 2021.

For this year, due to the unprecedented demand for accommodation across the City of York, where we have not been able to accommodate some students on our own campus, we have offered student accommodation in either Hull or Leeds. Any rooms not accepted will be re-offered to students who are still on our waiting list.

We appreciate that living outside of York is not an ideal situation, but students placed in either Hull or Leeds will be living with other University of York students in dedicated student accommodation, and will have active support from our College teams. Our Student Unions are also developing a package of additional services and social activities.

Hull and Leeds have large student populations and are regarded as a very welcoming and affordable place for students to live, and we will be advising on the best transport options to enable you to easily travel to and from the University of York.

The rooms we have secured are being offered to students at a reduced rate compared to the published weekly price, as a disturbance allowance. We have answered FAQs on our website:

FAQs for students allocated accommodation in Hull
FAQs for students allocated accommodation in Leeds

We’d like to thank you for your continued patience at what we understand is a very difficult and unsettling time.

Many thanks,
University of York TSR Team
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I have got accom in Hull and should be moving in on the 24th, which means I will be missing Freshers' week. Just wondering if anybody else was in the same situation?

There is a room in York , Haxby Rd, en-suite in house available now I’d you want it
Hi everyone,
I have a renting opportunity for a medium studio at University of Hull accommodation only for university of Hull students.
The room is in perfect condition with kitchen and en suite toilet all in perfect condition.
The room is available immediately until September 2023

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending