The Student Room Group

Half of me wants to date,half of me wants to stay single forever.

Which should I listen to?

I got dumped in the beginning of September. I think it was at the end of September, my libido became half of what it used to be. The desire to date others also became really low.
My ex and I were together for 3 months and wanted to marry each other.
Reply 1
How old are you? Sounds like you and your ex went way too fast and it put a damper on what your ideas of dating are.
Maybe you could not actively seek a partner but go along with it if something comes of something, ie you happen to meet someone you really like and they're interested too. You don't have to be dating at all points in your life. Try relaxing and not thinking too hard about it, it'll spoil it even more. I have a friend who actively searches for partners all the time but has never been successful, and myself and others don't actively search for partners but have found long-term relationships. The world works in mysterious ways so just try and go with the flow, good luck in finding yourself :smile:
Reply 2
I am 32.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:

It is fine for you to decide take a break from dating for as long as you want and focus on fulfilling your other ambitions.
Your academic studies, career, travelling, improving your health, widening your skillset, improving your finances or building up some helpful contacts.
My last relationship ended 7 years ago and I have other ambitions & priorities that don't involve dating.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending