The Student Room Group

Won't talk, just stares 😥?

I ve noticed a guy at my university who has always been staring at me since the last couple of weeks. I don't know since when exactly because I never really noticed him that much since I was going through some issues but in the last 1 month, I got a bit curious about him since i also found him attractive.

Twice, my friend pointed out that this guy was staring at me. He smokes outside so each time I went outside, we would have eye contact and he would keep looking at me until I looked away or went away.
Once he was alone, scanning a book on the scanning machine, and the moment we saw each other, he kept looking at me. I was also looking back, about to go up to him until a girl I know came and I went to chat with her.

Yesterday, I was talking to the same friend outside and she nudged me towards him. I caught him watching me again.
Today, similar thing happened. I wear some pin badges on my lanyard which I was fixing when I went outside on campus. He was outside, smoking again and my friend and I saw him watching me.

While going home, I crossed paths at him and he made eye contact with me again before going out.

He is a quiet person and mostly keeps to himself on campus. His interactions with others are very brief, short and limited.

Why does he simply stare at me? I want to chat with him but don't know if I should approach him or not?
What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I ve noticed a guy at my university who has always been staring at me since the last couple of weeks. I don't know since when exactly because I never really noticed him that much since I was going through some issues but in the last 1 month, I got a bit curious about him since i also found him attractive.

Twice, my friend pointed out that this guy was staring at me. He smokes outside so each time I went outside, we would have eye contact and he would keep looking at me until I looked away or went away.
Once he was alone, scanning a book on the scanning machine, and the moment we saw each other, he kept looking at me. I was also looking back, about to go up to him until a girl I know came and I went to chat with her.

Yesterday, I was talking to the same friend outside and she nudged me towards him. I caught him watching me again.
Today, similar thing happened. I wear some pin badges on my lanyard which I was fixing when I went outside on campus. He was outside, smoking again and my friend and I saw him watching me.

While going home, I crossed paths at him and he made eye contact with me again before going out.

He is a quiet person and mostly keeps to himself on campus. His interactions with others are very brief, short and limited.

Why does he simply stare at me? I want to chat with him but don't know if I should approach him or not?
What do I do?

Ask to hang out at the bar / cafe just to get to know him? He sounds like he's attracted to you too :smile:, and seeing as he's quite introverted, you need to be the one who approaches him first, and asks him out for a coffee or something of the sorts.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nnth
Ask to hang out at the bar / cafe just to get to know him?

But how to do it? He seems quiet and I don't know if he wants me or not?
Reply 3
But how to do it? He seems quiet and I don't know if he wants me or not?

Make small talk with him outside whilst he's smoking. He is in your set / class, right? Are you doing the same subject?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by nnth
Make small talk with him outside whilst he's smoking. He is in your set / class, right? Are you doing the same subject?

No he's masters but in politics. I'm masters in history.

But do you think he's interested or just weird?
Reply 5
No he's masters but in politics. I'm masters in history.

But do you think he's interested or just weird?

He sounds interested in you, according to your description of his "eye contact". Just speak to him. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by nnth
He sounds interested in you, according to your description of his "eye contact". Just speak to him. :smile:

He makes eye contact so he's not shy in doing that. But why won't he talk. I'm so tired with this dude 😥😂
He makes eye contact so he's not shy in doing that. But why won't he talk. I'm so tired with this dude 😥😂

Just ask him…

He seems interested in you. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by 5hyl33n
Just ask him…

He seems interested in you. :smile:

But how to start? He is a quiet person and I feel a bit scared to approach
But how to start? He is a quiet person and I feel a bit scared to approach

You: Hi! I’ve seen you around campus and thought of introducing myself. I’m [insert name here].
Original post by 5hyl33n
You: Hi! I’ve seen you around campus and thought of introducing myself. I’m [insert name here].

But do you think he likes me or just likes to see?

He's probably sh*tting his pants because he likes you so much. It's harder for a dude to approach a girl when it's like that. His mind possibly goes blank of stuff to say.

Might as well make the first move and introduce yourself as otherwise same will just continue. Many guys aren't good socially so if you've go the ability to break the ice might as well use it.
Original post by Gavin2016
He's probably sh*tting his pants because he likes you so much. It's harder for a dude to approach a girl when it's like that. His mind possibly goes blank of stuff to say.

Might as well make the first move and introduce yourself as otherwise same will just continue. Many guys aren't good socially so if you've go the ability to break the ice might as well use it.

But he's had girlfriends before and one of his mutual told me that he has had women obsessing over him to the point of stalking his social media even years after fancying him
But he's had girlfriends before and one of his mutual told me that he has had women obsessing over him to the point of stalking his social media even years after fancying him

What’s that got to do with anything?
What’s that got to do with anything?

When that was the case then why can't he talk to me?
When that was the case then why can't he talk to me?

Maybe he just doesn’t want to. 🤷🏼*♀️
Just because he’s had girlfriends before doesn’t mean he wants to approach others.
And her being obsessed with him has literally nothing to do with anything.
Nobody but he knows the answer to why he doesn’t talk to you.
. Instead of asking people on the internet go talk to him. Then you’ll know for sure.
Maybe he just doesn’t want to. 🤷🏼*♀️
Just because he’s had girlfriends before doesn’t mean he wants to approach others.
And her being obsessed with him has literally nothing to do with anything.
Nobody but he knows the answer to why he doesn’t talk to you.
. Instead of asking people on the internet go talk to him. Then you’ll know for sure.

You said he doesn't want to. So how can I talk then
You said he doesn't want to. So how can I talk then

Because me saying “maybe” something doesn’t affect your ability to go and talk to someone in the slightest…
If you don’t want to talk to him then don’t bother.

Possibly if he is a real pretty boy, that or your friend/mutual is winding you up for a laugh. Not sure there are many men that get that sort of attention from women, I wish I did lol.

Could always just go up to him and snog him, guys rarely complain about that like women do if you get it wrong. As long as you're not overweight and seem attractive enough looking to guys who knows. Up to you though.
Original post by Gavin2016
Possibly if he is a real pretty boy, that or your friend/mutual is winding you up for a laugh. Not sure there are many men that get that sort of attention from women, I wish I did lol.

Could always just go up to him and snog him, guys rarely complain about that like women do if you get it wrong. As long as you're not overweight and seem attractive enough looking to guys who knows. Up to you though.

He is a pretty boy.

But I'm unsure if he likes me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending