ughpopcorn11
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Ive got 5/5 offers back now but have been rejected from the uni i really wanted to goto for my predicted not matching entry requirements but the other unis i applied for they didnt either but i got into all 4. Anyway to contest this?
davisxp
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ughpopcorn11)
Ive got 5/5 offers back now but have been rejected from the uni i really wanted to goto for my predicted not matching entry requirements but the other unis i applied for they didnt either but i got into all 4. Anyway to contest this?
im not sure but heres a thread from the same question a couple years ago: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5151486
ashvinsingh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
You can however applying for 5 unis above your predicted is not wise. I’d suggest applying for one uni that you could put down as an insurance option.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
It’s a different university, different admissions methodology.

The fact different universities made you an offer is not valid grounds for appeal. These are professional academics & admissions staff, please don’t waste their time on a frivolous appeal.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
It's not going to do anything and will make you look unprofessional, you could ask for feedback but I've only heard of this for Oxbridge and medicine. You're better off using that energy to revise instead.
skylark2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
On what grounds? You can hardly say they treated you unfairly if your predicted grades are below their requirements, but even if they weren't, you're not entitled to get an offer from them and chances are that lots of people who do meet their requirements won't get offers either. There are universities where this isn't true - the average grades of their students are so far below their requirements that in practice they must be taking people who are many grades below, not just a couple - but in general the listed requirements are just that. You would need evidence that you were discriminated against. "I got offers from other universities with the same listed requirements" is irrelevant.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
You have no right of appeal.

The Uni published their entry criteria. You ignored it and applied anyway. They said No.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
You can't appeal an academic decision, even if you were predicted above the published offer, (unless they told you that was the reason for the rejection - and in those cases its most likely the feedback that was in error, not the decision itself).

You can appeal if you think there was an administrative error.
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Not really that's the thing with applications a no is usually final however if your grades are better than predicted you could get in via adjustment you'd still hold your firm incase it's still a no but you could get in that way.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
There's no adjustment in 2022.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
Not really that's the thing with applications a no is usually final however if your grades are better than predicted you could get in via adjustment you'd still hold your firm incase it's still a no but you could get in that way.
Adjustment isn’t happening this year I believe
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Not unless you want to look like a halfwit, no.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
utterly ridiculous
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Well in that case op should firm what would have been his insurance and put another place that he likes as an insurance.
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Why is this the case?
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
How ridiculous - you cannot contest a rejection from a university that you do not have the qualifications for. That is like applying for a job at a top law firm, getting rejected and saying 'well McDonald's accepted me so I want to appeal your decision'. There is nothing wrong with McDonalds but their entry criteria is definitely different.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
Why is this the case?
I haven’t heard an official explanation, but only around 100 students use it each year so I suspect that it just wasn’t worth the effort to administer it.
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I haven’t heard an official explanation, but only around 100 students use it each year so I suspect that it just wasn’t worth the effort to administer it.
That makes sense. I qualified for it but the courses on there are pretty limited and if you do better than predicted you normally can go to your first choice anyways so why would you go through adjustment?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
That makes sense. I qualified for it but the courses on there are pretty limited and if you do better than predicted you normally can go to your first choice anyways so why would you go through adjustment?
And most people who do better in exams than they expected would still want to go to their Firm choice - or would reapply the following year with 5 new choices. Clearing still allows folk to 'trade up' if they want to - but most would sensibly rather avoid all of that chaos and uncertainty.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads