The Student Room Group

unis seeing other applications

I know that when I apply now unis wont see where else i am applying until they send an offer or not. But if i were to not accept any offers, and then choose to take a gap year instead and reapply the following academic year- can the unis i apply to at this point see who i had applied to the year before? if so, will this effect my application? Im just a bit stressed becuase im still 50/50 if i want to defer a year and I dont want to apply as a deferal as im not 100% sure if i want to, id rather take my chances and reapply next year if im not happy with offers. But if im offered, say no, then reapply the next year, will it effect my application???? or even if i dont apply to the same place, will they see who Ive rejected in the past? pls help lol

TLDR- if i reject my offers this year, take a gap year, and reapply next year- can unis see who i intially had applied to (and rejected)? will it then effect my application?
If you reject your offers to reapply, then no, they will not see to which universities you applied the previous year. If you apply to the same university both years then they may remember you / have your application on file but they should, in theory, treat every application equally
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
If you reject your offers to reapply, then no, they will not see to which universities you applied the previous year. If you apply to the same university both years then they may remember you / have your application on file but they should, in theory, treat every application equally

Thank you, so if I were to apply to say Manchester, they give an offer, i reject it, and reapply to the same course the next year- do you think this will affect my likelihood to be given another offer?
Original post by jazzagw
Thank you, so if I were to apply to say Manchester, they give an offer, i reject it, and reapply to the same course the next year- do you think this will affect my likelihood to be given another offer?

No not at all - but you could just ask Manchester to defer your offer by a year.

Though if you choose not to do this, it won't go against you.
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
No not at all - but you could just ask Manchester to defer your offer by a year.

Though if you choose not to do this, it won't go against you.

thank you, so if i apply as a regular student, get an offer, THEN decide I want to defer, can I ask them to do that? or do I have to apply as deferral in the first place?
Original post by jazzagw
thank you, so if i apply as a regular student, get an offer, THEN decide I want to defer, can I ask them to do that? or do I have to apply as deferral in the first place?

It's better to apply for a deferred place in the first place but if you are unsure, you could apply for 2022 and then ask for a deferral at a later date if you need one.
Original post by melancollege

Yes they will.

invisibility only applies until an applicant responds to their offers. It doesn’t matter if the reply is to accept or decline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending