jazzagw
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know that when I apply now unis wont see where else i am applying until they send an offer or not. But if i were to not accept any offers, and then choose to take a gap year instead and reapply the following academic year- can the unis i apply to at this point see who i had applied to the year before? if so, will this effect my application? Im just a bit stressed becuase im still 50/50 if i want to defer a year and I dont want to apply as a deferal as im not 100% sure if i want to, id rather take my chances and reapply next year if im not happy with offers. But if im offered, say no, then reapply the next year, will it effect my application???? or even if i dont apply to the same place, will they see who Ive rejected in the past? pls help lol

TLDR- if i reject my offers this year, take a gap year, and reapply next year- can unis see who i intially had applied to (and rejected)? will it then effect my application?
melancollege
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you reject your offers to reapply, then no, they will not see to which universities you applied the previous year. If you apply to the same university both years then they may remember you / have your application on file but they should, in theory, treat every application equally
jazzagw
Rep:
(Original post by melancollege)
If you reject your offers to reapply, then no, they will not see to which universities you applied the previous year. If you apply to the same university both years then they may remember you / have your application on file but they should, in theory, treat every application equally
Thank you, so if I were to apply to say Manchester, they give an offer, i reject it, and reapply to the same course the next year- do you think this will affect my likelihood to be given another offer?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jazzagw)
Thank you, so if I were to apply to say Manchester, they give an offer, i reject it, and reapply to the same course the next year- do you think this will affect my likelihood to be given another offer?
No not at all - but you could just ask Manchester to defer your offer by a year.

Though if you choose not to do this, it won't go against you.
jazzagw
Rep:
(Original post by harrysbar)
No not at all - but you could just ask Manchester to defer your offer by a year.

Though if you choose not to do this, it won't go against you.
thank you, so if i apply as a regular student, get an offer, THEN decide I want to defer, can I ask them to do that? or do I have to apply as deferral in the first place?
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jazzagw)
thank you, so if i apply as a regular student, get an offer, THEN decide I want to defer, can I ask them to do that? or do I have to apply as deferral in the first place?
It's better to apply for a deferred place in the first place but if you are unsure, you could apply for 2022 and then ask for a deferral at a later date if you need one.
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by melancollege)
Yes they will.

invisibility only applies until an applicant responds to their offers. It doesn’t matter if the reply is to accept or decline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads