The Student Room Group

Need advice on courses

Currently studying Sociology, Media Studies and Business at Year/13/A-Level.

These are the grades for my November, December mocks.

Media - A*
Business - C
Sociology - C

Currently torn between applying for the Economic and Management course or the Accounting and Finance course at Uni.

My mom more so than my dad has been speculating as to whether the Economics and Management course will get me employed after University and has advised me to do Accounting and Finance instead. Unfortunately, my mom is under the influence of other families, which is typical of Black parents and was applying pressure on me to pursue a doctorate and medical career which I disagree with because it doesn't interest me.

At this point, I've completed my statement and University choices but what is holding me back is my parents agreeing with what I'm doing.

Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by JoeAmo15
Currently studying Sociology, Media Studies and Business at Year/13/A-Level.

These are the grades for my November, December mocks.

Media - A*
Business - C
Sociology - C

Currently torn between applying for the Economic and Management course or the Accounting and Finance course at Uni.

My mom more so than my dad has been speculating as to whether the Economics and Management course will get me employed after University and has advised me to do Accounting and Finance instead. Unfortunately, my mom is under the influence of other families, which is typical of Black parents and was applying pressure on me to pursue a doctorate and medical career which I disagree with because it doesn't interest me.

At this point, I've completed my statement and University choices but what is holding me back is my parents agreeing with what I'm doing.

Any advice?

hi in my opinion i feel like you should do what you want to do as its your life and you're going to be attending the lectures not them.You dont want to do something you don't enjoy which you wont put your full effort in it.
Anyways how you finding sociology i also do it!
Reply 2
Original post by hamnahh4
hi in my opinion i feel like you should do what you want to do as its your life and you're going to be attending the lectures not them.You dont want to do something you don't enjoy which you wont put your full effort in it.
Anyways how you finding sociology i also do it!

Yeah, sociology is good. I find the subject interesting, but there just seems to be a disconnect when it comes to answering questions on exams. I'm aiming for a B grade at the end of the year, so I just need to put the work in.
Reply 3
Original post by JoeAmo15
Yeah, sociology is good. I find the subject interesting, but there just seems to be a disconnect when it comes to answering questions on exams. I'm aiming for a B grade at the end of the year, so I just need to put the work in.

i mean you sound smart as you are able to choose medicine!.Ahh same id be happy with a B.A is pushing it ahhh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending