The Student Room Group

Am I overthinking? Is he creepy?

My boyfriend does things sometimes that I find inappropriate and I wonder if my visions of things are due to my upbringing or if there is indeed something creepy about him. We have been together for 3 years.

He seems a bit obsessed with one of his niece who's 6. He has 3 nieces and 1 nephew. He would always want to spend time with her more than the other children. He would always try to include me though when he is with her.

One day his sister was changing his niece's clothes in front of us. He was staring at her legs the whole time.

I confronted him about it. His reply was that he doesn't have any malicious thoughts, she is niece and is very precious to him.

Last year while on holidays I caught him doing the same thing with another small girl. He completely denied it and said he never had such thoughts about children.

He is very observent, if a pretty woman was passing by, he would look at her. I have learned to accept that but when it comes to children, it's really bugging me.

Am I overthinking?
Probably overthinking. Maybe that niece is just nicer to him than the rest of the kids so he likes her the best lol. I had a niece like that who was really attached to me but she's grown out of it now. Never really interacted with any other kids in my family.
(edited 2 years ago)
I think obviously a part of this does just come down to common sense and if u genuinely feel like theres something going on then...
but i think it's also very important to remeber that men face a lot of problems with being with kids. maybe he just likes her becuase she's cute, maybe he was looking at her legs becuase he thought it would be awkard to look anywhere else.

Just give him the benfit of the doubt maybe?
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend does things sometimes that I find inappropriate and I wonder if my visions of things are due to my upbringing or if there is indeed something creepy about him. We have been together for 3 years.

He seems a bit obsessed with one of his niece who's 6. He has 3 nieces and 1 nephew. He would always want to spend time with her more than the other children. He would always try to include me though when he is with her.

One day his sister was changing his niece's clothes in front of us. He was staring at her legs the whole time.

I confronted him about it. His reply was that he doesn't have any malicious thoughts, she is niece and is very precious to him.

Last year while on holidays I caught him doing the same thing with another small girl. He completely denied it and said he never had such thoughts about children.

He is very observent, if a pretty woman was passing by, he would look at her. I have learned to accept that but when it comes to children, it's really bugging me.

Am I overthinking?

Almost certainly overthinking.
Simple question:
has there ever been any child that you yourself love/prefer oer other kids?

if yes: then girl stfu
if no: then i got nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending