The Student Room Group

Confusion about BTEC grades and entry requirements!!

Hi can a mod / admin pls delete this thread , I over shared and am wanting to limit what information people can find about me online now . Thanks in advance
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Hi

D = 48, M = 32, P = 16 So that would give you 96 UCAS points. However, the good news is its unlikely that would be your final grade as they take into account every individual unit grade and apply a final grade to that. I don't think i have seen a DMP final grade. DMM is more likely. I would ask your current school what your final grade would look like if you secured a D in your final two units. I would also ask what predicted grade they added to UCAS for you. This is what the UNI admissions will go off.

When you apply to UNI you can always email admissions the further information to consider. Your school would add their reference and predicted grade to UCAS anyhow.

Do your best to get your final two marks but i really don't think you have anything to worry about, University's want your business, admissions take a very reasonable and pragmatic view when they review applications.

Good Luck
Reply 3
Don't worry about that
Have you applied for all five university options on your UCAS application? If you have they will start making you offers based on your predicted grades and taking into account your personal statement and historic GCSEs.
If all five universities reject you, or your final grade doesn't reach the offer they make, or you plain don't like that option, all is still not lost.
When you get your actual grades through, if you haven't got a placement or decided on one you can go into clearing specifying what you actually secured and review offers based on that,
In absolute worst case scenario, if you didn't secure the grades you could always go onto a course you want on a feeder year to prove your commitment and then advance the following year onto the undergraduate degree course,

At this stage, complete your final modules to the best of your ability to bring your grades up, it will benefit you massively if you dont secure what you want on the first run of offers

GL - You will be Ok
Original post by rattyzombie
Thank you. Yes I've used all 5 choices. I'll do my best to get good grades. How does clearing work? Do I apply for that?

Clearing happens in the summer as part of ucas. It helps applicants without a place find courses that still have vacancies.
Original post by rattyzombie
Will I be auto added to this?

If you don’t have a place yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending