The Student Room Group

boyfriend who doesnt post you

hi,
i just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this, my boyfriend will post happy bday posts for his friends (girls) when its their bdays but he doesnt do one for me when im his gf?? i dont really know how to feel, ill post him on my story and stuff when we take pics and hes posted a pic of us on his story one time quite a while back but i feel like it was bc i posted a pic of us both on the same day and i was joking about how i post and he doesnt. i dont suspect him of being disloyal or anything like that but it was just on my mind
have you spoken to him about it? sounds like a dumb question but there could be so many reasons - maybe he wants to keep your relationship private, maybe he has strict family members that would get angry at him posting a girl in that way. if you have spoken to him about it and he invalidates it then stop posting him. in most instances I have seen, people post based off of a popularity thing. if it is a girls birthday and she knows a lot of people, guys tend to want to post them so they seem like they're in the same 'popular crowd'. silly, I know.

IN WORST CASE SCENARIO: he does not want to post you because he is disloyal, test the waters a bit. when you are together, take a picture of you two on his phone and post it on his account. try to gauge a reaction. a fully loyal boyfriend would probably be a tad disturbed at the fact that you did this, but would understand your concern. a disloyal boyfriend would get angry at what you did, would hold onto the anger, and would VERY QUICKLY delete the picture.

hope this helps x
Original post by Anonymous
have you spoken to him about it? sounds like a dumb question but there could be so many reasons - maybe he wants to keep your relationship private, maybe he has strict family members that would get angry at him posting a girl in that way. if you have spoken to him about it and he invalidates it then stop posting him. in most instances I have seen, people post based off of a popularity thing. if it is a girls birthday and she knows a lot of people, guys tend to want to post them so they seem like they're in the same 'popular crowd'. silly, I know.

IN WORST CASE SCENARIO: he does not want to post you because he is disloyal, test the waters a bit. when you are together, take a picture of you two on his phone and post it on his account. try to gauge a reaction. a fully loyal boyfriend would probably be a tad disturbed at the fact that you did this, but would understand your concern. a disloyal boyfriend would get angry at what you did, would hold onto the anger, and would VERY QUICKLY delete the picture.

hope this helps x

The last bit is terrible advice imo, a 'fully loyal boyfriend' might still get angry at the fact you took their phone without asking and posted something, i know i would.
The last bit is terrible advice imo, a 'fully loyal boyfriend' might still get angry at the fact you took their phone without asking and posted something, i know i would.

again I advised to try and gauge a reaction, and this is based on my own experiences. I still think in a healthy relationship, if one partner has voiced their concern and nothing came from it, testing the waters may be the only option, and said partner should understand that. yes they may get angry, but there will be a clear difference between someone who is angry the picture being posted without permission, and someone who is angry because they are hiding something and they're about to get found out. the reaction will be a lot more snappy and anxious.
hi,
i just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this, my boyfriend will post happy bday posts for his friends (girls) when its their bdays but he doesnt do one for me when im his gf?? i dont really know how to feel, ill post him on my story and stuff when we take pics and hes posted a pic of us on his story one time quite a while back but i feel like it was bc i posted a pic of us both on the same day and i was joking about how i post and he doesnt. i dont suspect him of being disloyal or anything like that but it was just on my mind

I think that’s disloyalty. In a relationship personally from my perspective I would want to recognise and show that yeah she’s mine so and so for example like my ex as an example post a snap of us and a peaceful memory or vibe just how wonderful is that and that I take pride and actually recognise the fact how much my girlfriend/woman means to be. Not only that though it shows pure affection and love as well as recognition because it’s a blessed day, it’s meant to be based around peace, prosperity and happiness and to be honest with all due respect I think he’s being purely biased, un-loyal and purely selfish if he has the ability to wish his girl-mates or friends what about his own woman what man would do that… his attention and pure focus should be on you and not make you insecure he shouldn’t be speaking to the opposite gender unless it’s yourself and only for the purposes of being general friends but to be able to wish them just suggests and show’s they mean more to him then you and that is purely being ungrateful and unappreciative a man should always prioritise, take care of, respect and speak the truth and be honest as well as show full affection love and happiness as well as ensuring his woman that she is safe and secure with him he ain’t doing it… :dontknow:.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5

hope this helps x

Hey regarding his family, his family know about me and his parents are really happy about it and told like their extended family too because I think they quite like me. And yeah Ive joked about him not posting before and he just said oh but I never post, and then he did post that 1 pic that one time but I feel like it was only because I joked about it and that was a while back. I’m very tied because i know he has a lot of people on snap from the past and like when’s he has posted something generic on there before he got like 700 views then same day it wasn’t posted so it purebreds into context gown kwny people would see it if he weren’t to post us. Thing is we’ve always Been close even before dating and we’ve told eachother absolutely everything so I really doubt it’s disployalty. Recently we we’re together and he was opening a bunch of red snaps and don’t get me get Wrong they were all blank snaps of ceilings or carpet from girls ‘from his school’ and some even he’d left on delivered for a week but he still snaps back instead of leaving it on opened?? Like if it’s pointless why snap back? Any girl I ever ever pointed out or asked he has a valid reason for having her on there’s but i just don’t know I have very mixed feelings about the way he goes about things
Modern-day trend especially on socials like snap-chat? Even though I don’t use it. Within the teenager, adulthood trend especially so…
Reply 7
yeah i partly see that but i cant really see why he couldnt do a happy birthday even if it was completely unrelated to our relationship
Reply 8
yeah i partly see that but i cant really see why he couldnt do a happy birthday even if it was completely unrelated to our relationship

How do you think relationships survived before social media? I mean, if he doesn't even wish you happy birthday in person, it would be an issue...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending