The Student Room Group

Second thoughts about firm uni choice

I’m currently on a gap year and have had my place at a university (starting in September) since last year. I’ve recently been having second thoughts and am starting to consider Manchester University instead (I got into Manchester when I first applied). I’m trying to figure out what my options are in terms of transferring/getting a place this late in the year.

I think to apply through clearing I would have to decline my place at my current university which is a huge risk that I’m not sure I’m willing to take. Or is it possible to switch universities during clearing? Does this mean the only way for me to get into Manchester would be through transferring once I had already started at my current uni? The courses at both unis are also the same (History and American Studies).

If anyone has any idea about how this all works please help me out!
(edited 2 years ago)
Yep, you will have to reject your firm offer and go into clearing and hope Manchester have places left.
Original post by mike23mike
Yep, you will have to reject your firm offer and go into clearing and hope Manchester have places left.

Seems like a ridiculous way of doing it though, no? Feels like there should be a way of shifting things around without putting yourself in a position with zero uni place
Or you can see if they would accept you now - and before you drop your confirmed place,
Just email Manchester, give them the details of your grades and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending