The Student Room Group

infected belly button, advice?

5 days ago, i realised i had a small ball of thick white discharge that STUNK in my belly button (initially thought it was lint, and the more i tried getting it out with my fingers, the more it went further)

i tried cleaning it that day with cotton buds but there was only so much i could do, the only way it being cleant if there were hands opening my belly button and another cleaning but nobody in my house is willing to do so

tried calling my GP at different times and days for a total of 50 minutes to book an appointment, but nobody picked up. I resulted in trying to book an e-consult thing. the reply was:
'... You can use a pair of tweezers to gently and carefully get what is left out without a doctor's appointment. If is it painful and discharging, then please book GP appointment.'

like i said, i cant remove it on my own and i dont even own tweezers. I tried cleaning my belly button today with cotton buds dipped in salt water but everytime i think i've cleant it all, i see MORE deeeeeep within that wont come out

what should i do? should i leave it alone? or should i buy some sort of cream and try sort it out on my own? should i book an appointment with my GP?

im sure the issue itself isnt problematic but just thinking of all that dirt in there makes me sick and nauseous, yuck
Reply 1
oh fyi, i dont have a belly button piercing
If you can't speak to a GP maybe go to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for advice
Reply 3
Original post by thrivingfrog
If you can't speak to a GP maybe go to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for advice

thank you for the suggestion! yeah i've been thinking of doing that but issue is idk if im gonna leave the house anytime soon. I've been fasting so i stay up till about 5am, and wake up pretty late

Quick Reply

Latest