The Student Room Group

Driving with no lights

Like an idiot I didn’t realise I was driving with no lights on when I was in the middle of a dual carriageway where there were no lamp posts so I couldn’t see, I hit the curb and I had to hold onto my light beams because I forgotten how to switch my lights on because they’re always on auto so I don’t have to worry I had my MOT yesterday and they must have turned it off, I didn’t even realise until I saw driving and I didn’t know what to do I panicked and just carried on I had people flash at me but I didn’t know what to do Luckily I stopped at sainsburys car park and looked on how to switch my lights on, I didn’t feel so stupid and like someone might have reported me I don’t know what to do I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet
Original post by Ehohyfg
Like an idiot I didn’t realise I was driving with no lights on when I was in the middle of a dual carriageway where there were no lamp posts so I couldn’t see, I hit the curb and I had to hold onto my light beams because I forgotten how to switch my lights on because they’re always on auto so I don’t have to worry I had my MOT yesterday and they must have turned it off, I didn’t even realise until I saw driving and I didn’t know what to do I panicked and just carried on I had people flash at me but I didn’t know what to do Luckily I stopped at sainsburys car park and looked on how to switch my lights on, I didn’t feel so stupid and like someone might have reported me I don’t know what to do I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet

Unless someone sends in some dashcam footage you'll be fine. It's important to know the controls to your car though. You could have hit a pedestrian or a bike rather than the curb.
Original post by Ehohyfg
I hit the curb and I had to hold onto my light beams because I forgotten how to switch my lights on

I have absolutely no idea what this part meant.
Time for some top up lessons if you cant operate the basic safety equipment tbh.

Original post by Admit-One

I have absolutely no idea what this part meant.

I suspect they mean they held down the headlight flasher.
Original post by StriderHort
I suspect they mean they held down the headlight flasher.

Ah yes, the old light beams. (That makes sense and sounds like something my partner would say. Last week they referred to the wipers as 'rain sticks' :smile: )
Reply 4
When they try to 'Idiot Proof' cars by providing lots of helpful techno switches, sensors and automated functions to make driving safer - Is this what they omit to think of in the development labs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending