The Student Room Group

Teacher Training Offer Start Date Overlap.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for reading this post! I am really worried about this situation at the moment, and so I will try and make my post sound as coherent as possible!

- I have been accepted to start a School Direct Course with PGCE leading to QTS in September, 2022. I am unsure of my exact start date, but at the interview I was told that I would be in schools from the 1st September, 2022. I am going to assume that this is the start date of my Teacher Training Course.

- I am currently enrolled onto a Postgraduate Course. I have looked at my 'expected end date' of my course, and it states the 9th September, 2022.

- As you can see, if my Teacher Training Course begins on the 1st September 2022, and my Postgraduate Course does not end until 9th September, 2022 - then there is a small overlap.

- However, the last hand in date of my postgraduate course is the 26th August 2022, as this is when all the deadlines and coursework will be submitted.

- Given this situation, I am worried as I cannot afford to pay for my teacher training course myself. I also have an adult dependent that depends on me financially (I am a carer for my Nannan at the moment.)

With all that being said, please can I have some clarification on:

1) Would I still be eligible for student finance given that the overlap is small within the course dates?
2) Is there any option for a 'deferred' payment to allow me to receive the tuition fee loan and maintenance loan as normal, just a little later?
3) I have read that other students have submitted a 'PN1 Form' and provided a cover letter explaining their situation. Would this help if I did the same?
4) My student finance application is due to be processed on the 10th May, 2022.
5) If I am not able to receive any funding for my tuition fee loan, would I still be entitled to a maintenance loan? (Due to my personal circumstances I have always been awarded the maximum amount.)
6) Please would you be able to clarify for me the exact end date of my current postgraduate course. I am studying MSc Developmental Psychology at Sheffield Hallam University.

Thank you very much for reading all my questions! I do not know if my school / training provider would allow me to defer to next year if this is the only option - but as I say, I really do not want this to be the case.

I would be very grateful if you could kindly answer my questions above, and give your advice with regard to the next steps after I have submitted my application today.

Thank you again!

Kind Regards,

SunsetSkyline.
Original post by SunsetSkyline
Hi there,

Thank you very much for reading this post! I am really worried about this situation at the moment, and so I will try and make my post sound as coherent as possible!

- I have been accepted to start a School Direct Course with PGCE leading to QTS in September, 2022. I am unsure of my exact start date, but at the interview I was told that I would be in schools from the 1st September, 2022. I am going to assume that this is the start date of my Teacher Training Course.

- I am currently enrolled onto a Postgraduate Course. I have looked at my 'expected end date' of my course, and it states the 9th September, 2022.

- As you can see, if my Teacher Training Course begins on the 1st September 2022, and my Postgraduate Course does not end until 9th September, 2022 - then there is a small overlap.

- However, the last hand in date of my postgraduate course is the 26th August 2022, as this is when all the deadlines and coursework will be submitted.

- Given this situation, I am worried as I cannot afford to pay for my teacher training course myself. I also have an adult dependent that depends on me financially (I am a carer for my Nannan at the moment.)

With all that being said, please can I have some clarification on:

1) Would I still be eligible for student finance given that the overlap is small within the course dates?
2) Is there any option for a 'deferred' payment to allow me to receive the tuition fee loan and maintenance loan as normal, just a little later?
3) I have read that other students have submitted a 'PN1 Form' and provided a cover letter explaining their situation. Would this help if I did the same?
4) My student finance application is due to be processed on the 10th May, 2022.
5) If I am not able to receive any funding for my tuition fee loan, would I still be entitled to a maintenance loan? (Due to my personal circumstances I have always been awarded the maximum amount.)
6) Please would you be able to clarify for me the exact end date of my current postgraduate course. I am studying MSc Developmental Psychology at Sheffield Hallam University.

Thank you very much for reading all my questions! I do not know if my school / training provider would allow me to defer to next year if this is the only option - but as I say, I really do not want this to be the case.

I would be very grateful if you could kindly answer my questions above, and give your advice with regard to the next steps after I have submitted my application today.

Thank you again!

Kind Regards,

SunsetSkyline.

Hi SunsetSkyline,

If you send us a message using our live chat or secure messaging service in your student finance account. We can look into this further for you, we will then be able to confirm the exact end date we have for your current Postgraduate course. Normally, if the courses overlap funded would not be awarded however, if your end date was updated by your current univeristy this would be able to allow you to apply for your application to be approved. We will be able to advise further once the end date has been confirmed.

You can access your online account here: http://ow.ly/ivJS30p1wEk.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending