The Student Room Group

Can I call up unis about clearing even if i haven't rejected my firm

I want to do straight economics but as it's a competitive course i don't want to lose my firm just in case i don't get into a good uni for economics, so can i call unis to go through clearing before i reject my firm?
I'm pretty sure you can't. As far as I remember you can only enter clearing if you've rejected your offer or didn't meet the requirements.
You can, but most Unis will not commit to an definite offer without you actually being in Clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by imcrying
I want to do straight economics but as it's a competitive course i don't want to lose my firm just in case i don't get into a good uni for economics, so can i call unis to go through clearing before i reject my firm?

I called up UCAS a week ago and the lady told me that you can call up the unis before rejecting your firm but to add a new uni through clearing then you must reject your firm (you can go into clearing even if you exceed the grades you need!). If you want to know any more details I recommend calling UCAS they're very helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending