The Student Room Group

Uni transfer refrence

On the UCAS application, it needs a reference however the reference needs to come from the university that I am currently at, would I have to call my current university to ask for them to provide a reference for my application?
Original post by toxicethernet
On the UCAS application, it needs a reference however the reference needs to come from the university that I am currently at, would I have to call my current university to ask for them to provide a reference for my application?

Unis will usually want a reference from your current Uni - you can use a school reference intially (they should explain why you are switching Unis, not just talk about your performance at school) but the new Unis will then ask you for a current reference to be sent directly to them by your current Uni.
Original post by toxicethernet

You need to speak to whoever you want to provide a reference directly before you add them on UCAS.

Ucas will email them and you won’t be able to submit your application until your reference is added to your application - so the more time you can give to your chosen referee the more likely they’ll be able and willing to provide your reference promptly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending