Weird question

Watch this thread
Cloudster
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is a really weird question but do you call your mum by a different name? People usually call their parents as mum/ dad or mother/father but do you call them by a nickname?
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I speak Somali at home so I usually call my mum and dad "Hooyo" and "Aabo"
If I'm feeling like being pretentious I'll call them Mother and Father but no I don't use any nicknames
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't really call my parents anything when I talk to them. In my phone, my mum is entered by her name, not "mum".
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by hyacinth77)
I speak Somali at home so I usually call my mum and dad "Hooyo" and "Aabo"
If I'm feeling like being pretentious I'll call them Mother and Father but no I don't use any nicknames
Thank you for answering.
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
I don't really call my parents anything when I talk to them. In my phone, my mum is entered by her name, not "mum".
So if you need something from your parents do you not call them?
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cloudster)
So if you need something from your parents do you not call them?
I very rarely ask them for anything tbh. But when I do, I just say "Hi" on the phone, I don't actually call them anything.
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for answering.
No problem!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
sometimes I call her mumsie
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
do you? Cloudster
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, I always call them mum and dad
nightingalegend
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
mama and baba since i’m Sudanese and we speak Arabic in Sudan. i never call them “mum” or “dad” (i used to call them mummy and daddy up until like year 8 💀)
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by Obolinda)
do you? Cloudster
well I’m Cantonese so I call my mum and dad in Cantonese.
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
I very rarely ask them for anything tbh. But when I do, I just say "Hi" on the phone, I don't actually call them anything.
I am also similar, I think it’s been a little over a year since I have called my parents
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by rosy_posy)
No, I always call them mum and dad
Thank you for answering
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by nightingalegend)
mama and baba since i’m Sudanese and we speak Arabic in Sudan. i never call them “mum” or “dad” (i used to call them mummy and daddy up until like year 8 💀)
Calling your parents mummy and daddy is quite common. I know people who are nearly 20 who still call their parents mummy and daddy
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Calling your parents mummy and daddy is quite common. I know people who are nearly 20 who still call their parents mummy and daddy
Did they go to private school by any chance :curious:
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My mum’s name isn’t mum?
Cloudster
Rep:
(Original post by rosy_posy)
Did they go to private school by any chance :curious:
Haha yes they did
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Haha yes they did
That explains it then
Rufus The Red
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mater and pater. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads