The Student Room Group

Are you considered an international student if non UK citizen, but on Family Visa?

Hello,

I'm a expat British Citizen that is considering to relocate back to UK with my foreign wife and her 17 year old daughter.

My wife will get a family visa based on marriage and her daughter will get a family visa as a dependant of her mother.

When we come back to UK before she is 18, we are thinking to enrol her in Collage to study with a view to going to University after that.

I'm trying to ascertain if she would be considered a British student, or an international student to help us understand how much it would cost for her to study.

I know at University there are much higher fees for international students and I presume that is the case at collage also.

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but most relevant one I could find as ultimately about fees.

Thanks
Ukcisa are the experts on the regulations and rules around fee status and eligibility for student support.
Their website has the various categories explained and they run a student advice line at certain times where they can give individual advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending