The Student Room Group

A job for a month

My parents insist on me getting a job, I only have about a month and a half till I go off to uni. I’ve never really had a job before (don’t ask me why) so I have no clue how it works, is it worth it given the little time I have and will I be able to just quit when the time comes?
You're probably best off looking at joining a temp agency/recruiter and working in temp positions, since those are basically "at will" and you can stop working without any notice period without any repercussions. They are also convenient as they can sometimes be more flexible with hours - also typically agencies pay you weekly which is nice if you're only working for a short period.

For non-temp work you would normally be expected to work a notice period, how long depends on your contract terms (albeit during probation which is the first few months usually, it's typically just a week or two). In theory you could NOT work that, but you probably wouldn't be able to call upon that job for a reference in future if so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending