The Student Room Group

Student Finance and study gap

I want to get an admission as MSc Instrumentation and control system Engineering. But I have a long study gap because of industrial job. Also I don't have enough money. So please suggest me regarding long study gap and financial help to get an admission and continue my study. Thanks.
Original post by Billal81
I want to get an admission as MSc Instrumentation and control system Engineering. But I have a long study gap because of industrial job. Also I don't have enough money. So please suggest me regarding long study gap and financial help to get an admission and continue my study. Thanks.

Hi there,

Please can you provide some more information? We'll need to know the following in order to better advise you.

Have you previously studied? If so, how many years did you study and were any qualifications gained?
Will you be starting the new course from year one, or continuing on a previous course?
Which university will your new course be studied with, when will this start and is the course full time or part time?
Have you previously received any funding from Student Finance England (SFE)?

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 2
Hi,
Thanks for your Query.
Have you previously studied? If so, how many years did you study and were any qualifications gained?
- Yes. 13 years. Completed Diploma in Engineering (Electrical & Instrument) degree under Bangladesh Technical Education Board, Bangladesh. Having 20+ years industrial experience.

Will you be starting the new course from year one, or continuing on a previous course?
- 2024, new course.
Which university will your new course be studied with, when will this start and is the course full time or part time?
- University of Huddersfield. Planning admit 2024, full time.
Have you previously received any funding from Student Finance England (SFE)?
-No.
Hi there,

As you do not have an equal level qualification to the masters, you should be eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Loan as long as you meet all other eligibility criteria. I have provided a link that will help you further with this.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending