The Student Room Group

Thoughts on my Uni choices?

I'm planning on studying some variant of Computer Science. Mostly focusing on Mathematics & Computer Science.

Here are my 5 UCAS choices:
1. Oxford Mathematics & Computer Science (OR) Cambridge Computer Science (still havent decided which)
2. Imperial College London Mathematics & Computer Science
3. University of Edinburgh Mathematics & Computer Science
4. UCL Mathematical Computation
5. KCL Computer Science

I've decided to "max out" my UCAS slots on top universities and no safety schools because I'm using Australian universities as my safety schools. I'm an international applicant so I'm also applying to 5 Australian universities through UAC:
1. University of Melbourne
2. Australian National University
3. University of Sydney
4. UNSW
5. Monash

The requirements for these institutions are much less competitive than the UK universities. I believe an AAB would even suffice. So these are my "safety" schools.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
If I was you I'd do a few things

-Go to whatuni.com and look at the course's student ratings. They also have 1st yr drop out rate + employment rate too. Anyone with a drop out rate above 20% 1st yr WATCH OUT.
-Opportunities for placement or work experience in the course and high employment rates is prbly the other most important thing abt the course.

-Lastly IF YOU LIKE THE UNI & CITY ITS IN
You should visit them or at least Travel around with google maps and get a feel for it. Big city vs small city? Big school vs small school? Student Union? Nightlife, etc? Then I'd just look at what people say about the citys. That kinda stuff. I'd honestly say uni quality and city quality are equally important TRUST.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending