The Student Room Group

Did I do anything wrong?

I was working in a project with a colleague, the deadline for the project was quite relaxed and my colleague was busy working on a side project.

Then the project my colleague and I were working on became urgent. I was confused which part of the project was urgent and I ended up giving them the most urgent bit of work to do and plus they were busy with the side project they were working on too.

I was unaware the work was urgent, otherwise I wouldve done it myself. I was confused myself, we both were

I feel guilty as they were busy juggling two projects at the same time.

My company is a very fast paced environment too.
Did I do anything wrong?
As a professional you take on as much work as you can realistically handle while delivering to a required standard of quality.

As to the situation itself, if they didn't ask for help and it wasn't made clear to you it was time urgent and someone didn't properly brief you as to what to do..... it's not all on you. So relax, do your best to get back into the project and see how it goes. A good idea might be to sit down with the colleague, see where you are both at with the taskings and identify both what needs to be done and how you will both approach it.

Take whatever the result/outcome of this project is as a learning experience and look back on it honestly in order to spot lessons you can learn and take forwards.
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
As a professional you take on as much work as you can realistically handle while delivering to a required standard of quality.

As to the situation itself, if they didn't ask for help and it wasn't made clear to you it was time urgent and someone didn't properly brief you as to what to do..... it's not all on you. So relax, do your best to get back into the project and see how it goes. A good idea might be to sit down with the colleague, see where you are both at with the taskings and identify both what needs to be done and how you will both approach it.

Take whatever the result/outcome of this project is as a learning experience and look back on it honestly in order to spot lessons you can learn and take forwards.

thanks so much for this
Original post by Anonymous
thanks so much for this

We all started somewhere. My first year with post apprenticeship was a bit like that. I knew what I was doing but din't always know how to get a task to delivery in terms of processes, procedures and people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending