The Student Room Group

Imperial - English Language requirements

I've been considering applying to Imperial but unfortunately got only a 5 in GCSE English Lang(7 in Literature, don't think they accept it in Lieu though).

I've read elsewhere that they only apply to non-native speakers and for postgraduate, but to me it seems like it applies also to home undergrads.

Does anyone know which case it is?
Link: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/apply/english-language/
Original post by AnotherStudent!
I've been considering applying to Imperial but unfortunately got only a 5 in GCSE English Lang(7 in Literature, don't think they accept it in Lieu though).

I've read elsewhere that they only apply to non-native speakers and for postgraduate, but to me it seems like it applies also to home undergrads.

Does anyone know which case it is?
Link: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/apply/english-language/

It quite clearly states it applies to home students.
To study with us, all home, EU and overseas applicants must demonstrate they meet the required English language competency level for their chosen course
And not meeting the specified GCSE grades is the quickest way to get an immediate rejection.

Talk to your school about resitting English GCSE this year.
Original post by McGinger
And not meeting the specified GCSE grades is the quickest way to get an immediate rejection.

Talk to your school about resitting English GCSE this year.

Yeah, I'm gonna do AS English Lang in a gap year I think
(Original post by AnotherStudent!)Yeah, I'm gonna do AS English Lang in a gap year I think

check they might not accept AS instead of Gcse. Resit GCSE.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by AnotherStudent!)Yeah, I'm gonna do AS English Lang in a gap year I think

check they might not accept AS instead of Gcse. Resit GCSE.

They say that they accept AS as a qualification. I'll email them to make sure but it seems to me that you can do it in lieu of GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending