The Student Room Group

Family Time

I feel really upset as I don’t spend much time with my Mum; I normally spend time with my sisters or on social media, my Mum sits upstairs by herself, I feel so guilty and I can’t live without my Mum…we all live in the same household. Further to this, whenever I come and speak to her she gets so happy…how can I balance this and not make Mum feel left out?

I feel like crying 😢
I don’t spend much time with my Mum instead I’m downstairs with my sister or on social media. Whenever I go upstairs to speak to Mum she gets so happy, how do I balance this so I don’t upset anyone?

I feel like crying 😢
Reply 2
Aww please don't cry 💖
You can still do your fave things and hang out with your mum. She sounds like a lovely person.

Why not scroll through social media with your mum? Watch or make tiktoks together maybe? Or watch insta reels.

You and your sisters can also spend time with you mum together as a family.

Try to schedule time in for spending time with your mother. No matter what, you must keep to this if you want to see a change.

Please don't be sad, nobody is perfect and I'm sure you mother loves you very much. I think she just misses her kids and might be feeling a little lonely now.

But thankfully, she's got the perfect kid (YOU!) to keep her company 😊💖
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t spend much time with my Mum instead I’m downstairs with my sister or on social media. Whenever I go upstairs to speak to Mum she gets so happy, how do I balance this so I don’t upset anyone?

I feel like crying 😢

I'm sure she's happy to be spending time with you, especially if you're going to uni - she might be cherishing the moments she has with you before you leave the nest. However, you do need "you time" as well. Try communicating your needs, maybe go up to her and say you'd love to spend an hour or so of quality time later but you're emotionally drained at the moment and need to recharge before you do so. This way you can appreciate the time you spend together too :smile:. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending