The Student Room Group

Are you going on holiday this year?

Are you planning on going on holiday this year?
If so, where to? If not why not?
I doubt i will be this year.
I am spending money on my house so will need all the money i can get.
Although if a cheap deal comes along i may look into it.
My holiday for this year's already been and gone. :frown:

Just got back from Japan last Sunday, having spent three weeks out there.
Original post by Emma:-)
Are you planning on going on holiday this year?
If so, where to? If not why not?

I do. If everything is according to the plan, I am in Vienna and Nuremberg this time in summer and Dresden and Prague in autumn. The last to cities are uncertain.
Original post by Lalleighette

I've never been to Japan. What's it like there?
Original post by Emma:-)
I've never been to Japan. What's it like there?

It's certainly full of fantastic food, considering the quality of the tempura restaurants I visited over there.

If you spend a bit of time outside of Tokyo and Kyoto, it's really peaceful and picturesque as well, especially up in Tohoku where we visited.

At least you seem to have had a good and long time in Japan. One of the most expensive and exciting journeys, it is an enrichment for everyone in my opinion.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Kallisto
At least you seem to have had a good and long time in Japan. One of the most expensive and exciting journeys, it is an enrichment for everyone in my opinion.

"One of the most expensive and exciting journeys, it is an enrichment for everyone in my opinion"

Absolutely, our kids definitely enjoyed it as well when we took them to Japan 10 years ago. They couldn't wait to get to disneyland in Tokyo!

(I also noticed that you're planning to travel to Austria in the summer. Hope you have a good time, Vienna looks like a beautiful city!)
"One of the most expensive and exciting journeys, it is an enrichment for everyone in my opinion"

Absolutely, our kids definitely enjoyed it as well when we took them to Japan 10 years ago. They couldn't wait to get to disneyland in Tokyo!

(I also noticed that you're planning to travel to Austria in the summer. Hope you have a good time, Vienna looks like a beautiful city!)

A Disneyland in Tokyo? the Japanese are crazy, they take everything over what is good for tourists. Paris seems to be the better place, it is not such a greate distance off to arrive. :lol:

Despite this, I tend to Disneyworld in Florida, the original theme park. Another reason is that I don't speak French at all. In turn I don't like the USA as a country that much.

Quick Reply

Latest