The Student Room Group

Taxable income as a home student when parents are abroad

I am due to start a full-time undergraduate course in the 2023-2024 academic year. I have otained indefinite leave to remain, and therefore will be a home student.

My parents will be living in South Africa. I have not been independent for the last 3 years, so I believe I will be considered dependant on them. Does my household income include their income (i.e. does 'taxable income' mean taxable in any country, or in the uk)?
Original post by Pinqtq
I am due to start a full-time undergraduate course in the 2023-2024 academic year. I have otained indefinite leave to remain, and therefore will be a home student.

My parents will be living in South Africa. I have not been independent for the last 3 years, so I believe I will be considered dependant on them. Does my household income include their income (i.e. does 'taxable income' mean taxable in any country, or in the uk)?

H there, what age are you? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
I am 18 and will turn 19 in November 2023
Original post by SFE Karen
H there, what age are you? Thanks, Karen
Original post by Pinqtq
I am 18 and will turn 19 in November 2023

As you are under the age of 25 you are classed as dependent upon your parents and we would require their income details to assess you for the funding you are entitled to receive.

They would need to complete the PFF2 form and return this with evidence of their income for the 21/22 tax yea for the team to review. They can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending