The Student Room Group

Worried I’m infertile

I’m not planning on having children for a long time but in the second half of my cycle ( after ovulation) sex suddenly burns, my vagina is very dry and having a wee after sex also burns. It’s fine orher ties.

I spoke to my GP and she thinks it’s just a drop in eosteogen levels but does this mean I’m infertile? I completely forgot to ask her and now I’m worried.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not planning on having children for a long time but in the second half of my cycle ( after ovulation) sex suddenly burns, my vagina is very dry and having a wee after sex also burns. It’s fine orher ties.

I spoke to my GP and she thinks it’s just a drop in eosteogen levels but does this mean I’m infertile? I completely forgot to ask her and now I’m worried.

Oestrogen levels naturally rise and fall throughout the menstrual cycle. If this statement from the doctor is the only thing making you question your fertility, then it's not something to fret over.

This webpage has a good explanation of the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle and when they rise/fall without using too much scientific jargon: https://www.livi.co.uk/your-health/your-menstrual-cycle-explained/
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1582
Oestrogen levels naturally rise and fall throughout the menstrual cycle. If this statement from the doctor is the only thing making you question your fertility, then it's not something to fret over.

This webpage has a good explanation of the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle and when they rise/fall without using too much scientific jargon: https://www.livi.co.uk/your-health/your-menstrual-cycle-explained/

Thank you will have a read. Yeah it is just because I always thought you need high levels of oestrogen to have a baby. My periods are regular and not painful so I think I’m hopefully healthy in that sense but my mum had multiple miscarriages so it is a
Fear of mine that I’ll be infertile / have issues
The period of time around ovulation is the oestrogen dominant part of your cycle. Once you ovulate then progesterone is the king. The name is a clue -
pro = promotes
gesterone/gestation = pregnancy

If you take your first day of your period as day 1 then you ovulate around day 14.

Quick Reply

Latest