The Student Room Group

I think the covid vaccine is causing me to constantly need to pee

I'm a healthy, 20 year old male. My bladder was always a little weak but in the last year and a half to two years it has been terrible and has become even worse in the last few weeks to the point where i struggle to get to sleep because i just can't stop needing to pee. I tried changing antidepressants ages ago when the symptoms first started in august 2021 along with constipation/diarrhea. they still persisted. i've done urine tests and all come back clear other than them finding my bladder wasn't being fully emptied. I worked out the other day that all this started after I got my covid vaccination in like june/july 2021. What can I do? The doctors here in the UK don't seem to take it that seriously and try gaslighting you.
Reply 1
Which vaccine did you get? Keep Trying and ask GP for a referral to Urology, they maybe able to help with the problem. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
Original post by civicpride2506
I'm a healthy, 20 year old male. My bladder was always a little weak but in the last year and a half to two years it has been terrible and has become even worse in the last few weeks to the point where i struggle to get to sleep because i just can't stop needing to pee. I tried changing antidepressants ages ago when the symptoms first started in august 2021 along with constipation/diarrhea. they still persisted. i've done urine tests and all come back clear other than them finding my bladder wasn't being fully emptied. I worked out the other day that all this started after I got my covid vaccination in like june/july 2021. What can I do? The doctors here in the UK don't seem to take it that seriously and try gaslighting you.

You say that this "has become even worse in the last few weeks". What happened a few weeks ago which might have caused this?
Original post by DataVenia
You say that this "has become even worse in the last few weeks". What happened a few weeks ago which might have caused this?

Nothing
Original post by %Mel84
Which vaccine did you get? Keep Trying and ask GP for a referral to Urology, they maybe able to help with the problem. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

Um thats the thing I can't remmeber I had two different ones I think one was Pfizer one was Astrazeneca, or possibly Moderna. I am already reffered to urology and they don't know.

Could just be pure coincidence it started at the same time.
You say its getting worse, have you had another vaccine recently?
Nothing

If nothing was the cause of the fact that it "has become even worse in the last few weeks", then maybe that same nothing was the cause of it beginning in the first place?
Original post by DataVenia
If nothing was the cause of the fact that it "has become even worse in the last few weeks", then maybe that same nothing was the cause of it beginning in the first place?

But everything has a cause.
I've also seen data online saying up to 13.4% of people vaccinated with the covid vaccine had less urinary retention after the vaccine. https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+vaccine+urinary+issues&rlz=1C1ONGR_enGB1022GB1022&oq=covid+vaccine+urinary+issues&aqs=chrome..69i57.5711j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Do you still have the constipatiorn and diarrhea?

How much fibre have you been eating?
97% of Americans don't eat enough fibre. The figure will be similar in the UK.
Guys it is getting ridiculous other than last night when i went to bed at literally 8pm i have not been able to sleep and have only had like 5-7 hours more like 4-5. feel like maybe a&e but don't think they can do anything. I need to sleep NOW. I am tired but can't because i constantly need to go to wee.
Have you been tested for STIs? Have you tried reducing caffeine and alcohol? Do you drink plenty of fluids? Have you tried restricting fluids in the evening?
Original post by black tea
Have you been tested for STIs? Have you tried reducing caffeine and alcohol? Do you drink plenty of fluids? Have you tried restricting fluids in the evening?

I've only ever had sex like once or twice and that was nearly a year ago, the issues also started when I was a virgin.
I drink plenty of fluids
I don't drink alcohol or caffine
And yes i have done that too to no avail

Quick Reply

Latest