The Student Room Group

clearing

Is it possible to get into universities like KCL and UCL through clearing. My predicted's are not good enough but i still applied and got rejected however i do believe i can get the grades in the final exam. The final exam is all that matters
Original post by takasugi
Is it possible to get into universities like KCL and UCL through clearing. My predicted's are not good enough but i still applied and got rejected however i do believe i can get the grades in the final exam. The final exam is all that matters

Unfortunately the final exam is not all that matters. All universities (including KCL and UCL) will have a idea, from previous years, of what proportion of candidates which they make offers to miss the grades in their conditional offer. They can therefore factor that into the number of conditional offers they make. If, on results day, they have enough offer holders who've hit their grades that they can fill the course then it's game over. Even if you had five A*s, the course would already be full, wouldn't go into Clearing, and you wouldn't have the opportunity to apply. In this scenario, your best bet would be to immediately apply for the following year - with your actual grades - and take a gap year in the meantime.

BTW, last year KCL had 10 different courses available through Clearing, including Mathematics, on results day. UCL had none. (Source)
As above, it’s very unlikely, but not impossible depending on the course.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately the final exam is not all that matters. All universities (including KCL and UCL) will have a idea, from previous years, of what proportion of candidates which they make offers to miss the grades in their conditional offer. They can therefore factor that into the number of conditional offers they make. If, on results day, they have enough offer holders who've hit their grades that they can fill the course then it's game over. Even if you had five A*s, the course would already be full, wouldn't go into Clearing, and you wouldn't have the opportunity to apply. In this scenario, your best bet would be to immediately apply for the following year - with your actual grades - and take a gap year in the meantime.

BTW, last year KCL had 10 different courses available through Clearing, including Mathematics, on results day. UCL had none. (Source)

Alright thanks, i'm applying for computer science so i imagine it is a high demand course
Original post by takasugi
Alright thanks, i'm applying for computer science so i imagine it is a high demand course

You imagine correctly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending