The Student Room Group

Female stomach hair

Is it normal for a female to get hair all over her stomach like a guy does. I started to get it when I was about 15, I’m 20 now and I just shaved it off but then it got a bit more noticeable. It’s not dark it’s still quite light coloured but you can see it. I literally get so depressed over it cos I hate it. I feel like I can’t wear crop tops anymore, as I’m worried if I carry on shaving it will get darker. I don’t have pcos by the way
Hey honey,
From one girl to another, trust me it’s COMPLETELY normal!
I know it’s hard, especially when you compare yourself to others and it seems like you’re the only one who has it but I guarantee you, you’re not.
When you shave the hair grows back thicker which can give the appearance of it being darker which is probably what you’re experiencing. To counter this you could try waxing, this will make the hair take longer to grow back and over time the hair will get thinner and stop growing in that area.
However please don’t let this perfectly normal occurrence affect your mental health or let it determine what you wear, I promise you no one notices it let alone judges you because of it.
Hope this helps girlie, lots of love! <3
Original post by Anonymous
Is it normal for a female to get hair all over her stomach like a guy does. I started to get it when I was about 15, I’m 20 now and I just shaved it off but then it got a bit more noticeable. It’s not dark it’s still quite light coloured but you can see it. I literally get so depressed over it cos I hate it. I feel like I can’t wear crop tops anymore, as I’m worried if I carry on shaving it will get darker. I don’t have pcos by the way

i used to feel exactly the same until recently. i havent shaved my stomach or legs for at least a year now lol and im not planning to anytime soon. so theres other girls who are like you and youre definitely not alone <3

Quick Reply

Latest