The Student Room Group

Shall I message my ex cousin ?

So yh.

Basically my ex was going through a lot and she wasnt telling me I got fed up so I broke up with her.

Plus we didnt meet in real life we saw each other online. IDEK how her voice sounded but basically she was obsessed with me.

Now I got the new she commited suicide. Main cos of someone being wrong with her.

Her cousin is messaging me shall I reply because she told me the news shes dead.

I dont wanna get into trouble like police arresting me

any adivise
I would recommend caution with these things and news of suicide isn’t always true. By all means reply to the cousin to get more info and offer your condolences, but just know that unless you were explicitly encouraging and providing the means for your ex to top herself then you can’t be arrested. It was her decision to eliminate herself, not yours.
Why would you get arrested for responding to her cousin? I’m assuming you’re going to say something nice
(edited 1 year ago)
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
If you prefer to ignore or feel that something dishonest is going on, that's fine.
If you want to reply with a 1 line message, expressing sympathy for the deceased's family- this is fine too.

Some very sick attention seekers do attempt to use suicide threats or fake suicide reports in attempts at reestablishing contact with exes and old friends who have gone NC.
Sometimes via catfishing from multiple social media accounts.
Or impersonating an unsuspecting relative over social media using an abandoned/hacked profile.
I wouldn't reply. Or if I did it would be something passive such as, "I'm sorry to hear that. [Insert a positive statement about the person here]. Thank you for letting me know." Don't enter into a back and forth with this person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending