The Student Room Group

Small bf

Hi everyone. I know this is already starting off to a shallow start, but I just couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling at the back of my mind about this. I have been with my bf for nearly a year and he is in one word: an angel. Literally will go to any lengths to make me happy, shows more interest in my day and always thinks of the most creative gifts and words to say. He is really cute and I fell in love with his radiating kindness and his good looks.

We're both really young and in uni, but all my friends love how cute we are together and how much effort we both put into our relationship with our gifts and how wholesome he is. We're also doing long distance. The only "issue" is he's small for a guy which is a thing I didn't even notice when I first started dating him. But somehow everyone cares and now I also do. I always am quick to defend girls my age belitting short men and saying they would never go for a short guy because they're just kids.

I'm 5'2 and for some reason because we're both short everyone sees us as fun sized and a small couple. I also wonder what it would be like to date a tall guy who can pick me up, protect me in clubs and have a nice height difference with. Someone I can see myself marrying. Sometimes I get a little bit embarrassed or nervous to introduce my bf to my friends because I know inside they will be thinking how short he is. I've even had people tell me I can do way better, because the guys that have tried to move to me at uni have all been taller.

This is literally the most shallowest thing ever. There are girls out there screaming for 6ft men yet getting cheated on by them, and my bf will literally give me the world if i ask for it. I don't know what to do. I know inside I should let him go and find the most amazing love HE rightfully deserves, but at the same time I know i can never find anyone as great as him, and I'm scared I won't if I leave him due to karmic reasons lol. At the same time I'm also so young and who knows, maybe everything is supposed to happen for a reason. My parents don't even know about him and would totally flip out if they found out I had a bf right now. Is it worth all the hiding and sneaking around to not work out in the end?
You’re right, this is incredibly shallow and you’ve basically admitted that you saw nothing wrong with it until you got influenced by other people’s childish and ridiculous comments. I mean, which well adjusted adult gives a damn about height, especially when you’ve said he’s essentially the perfect guy? And it’s not like he’s a literal dwarf or anything as that might be understandable. Honestly, the people you’re mixing with sound really judgemental and toxic by telling you you can do better purely because of his height. By all means “let him go” (although that sounds like a pretty crap excuse to me tbh) but maybe don’t be surprised if later down the line you regret it and realise how silly it was to dump someone because of that reason….and you said yourself you don’t think you’ll ever find someone better. Absolutely mental…
Who cares what others think? Jeez, your boyfriend does someone better than you.
You can be attracted to only tall guys that’s not a problem but the fact that you are EMBARRASSED to introduce your boyfriend to your friends cause of his height is actually a disgusting thing to say. Your boyfriend deserves sm better than you
He's 5"2 as well
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone. I know this is already starting off to a shallow start, but I just couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling at the back of my mind about this. I have been with my bf for nearly a year and he is in one word: an angel. Literally will go to any lengths to make me happy, shows more interest in my day and always thinks of the most creative gifts and words to say. He is really cute and I fell in love with his radiating kindness and his good looks.

We're both really young and in uni, but all my friends love how cute we are together and how much effort we both put into our relationship with our gifts and how wholesome he is. We're also doing long distance. The only "issue" is he's small for a guy which is a thing I didn't even notice when I first started dating him. But somehow everyone cares and now I also do. I always am quick to defend girls my age belitting short men and saying they would never go for a short guy because they're just kids.

I'm 5'2 and for some reason because we're both short everyone sees us as fun sized and a small couple. I also wonder what it would be like to date a tall guy who can pick me up, protect me in clubs and have a nice height difference with. Someone I can see myself marrying. Sometimes I get a little bit embarrassed or nervous to introduce my bf to my friends because I know inside they will be thinking how short he is. I've even had people tell me I can do way better, because the guys that have tried to move to me at uni have all been taller.

This is literally the most shallowest thing ever. There are girls out there screaming for 6ft men yet getting cheated on by them, and my bf will literally give me the world if i ask for it. I don't know what to do. I know inside I should let him go and find the most amazing love HE rightfully deserves, but at the same time I know i can never find anyone as great as him, and I'm scared I won't if I leave him due to karmic reasons lol. At the same time I'm also so young and who knows, maybe everything is supposed to happen for a reason. My parents don't even know about him and would totally flip out if they found out I had a bf right now. Is it worth all the hiding and sneaking around to not work out in the end?
Thank you. We're both Polish but surprisingly small! He's 5"5*
Original post by AF2Dr
Well, it's a personal decision for you.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's "shallow", however. It's important that you're physically attracted to your partner. If you find his short height unattractive, then whilst it might sound superficially shallow, that would be a completely legitimate reason to end the relationship. There's no point in maintaining a relationship if genuine physical attraction isn't there. At the end of the day, most people wouldn't start dating a "short guy" in the first place, if they were put off by his height.

However, if you are genuinely attracted to him, and just find the responses of your friends to be the problem, then it would seem a bit silly to end the relationship just because what other people might think.

So I think it really comes down to whether you personally find your boyfriend's height to be a turnoff for you personally.

What height is your bf anyway?
I meant 5"5 in the comment above I don't know how to delete it.
Original post by AF2Dr
Is he 5 foot 2, or 5 foot 5? You said in an above post "He's 5"2 as well".
I remembered I didn't write the height so I just wrote his height and as well
Sorry for the confusion
Original post by AF2Dr
Oh OK, why did you type "He's 5"2 as well" then? The "as well" can't have been a typo? I took the use of the "as well" to relate to the fact that he was the same height as you.
Reply 8
It is shallow, but that's not your fault. You're young and consequently find it difficult to detatch from the conditioning you and your friendship group have been subjected to by our superficial culture.

There's not much to say. You will either manage to detach from it, or you won't.
Nup I’m getting incel vibes. I reckon you’re an incel that made up this story. Just your 6 ft referencing I’m onto you. This is just the other side to the incel world. It backs up the incel movement and I believe a short height sexually frustrated incel would take the time to write this.
What gave you up is that there are not women out there screaming for 6 ft men and lol the way you’ve written ‘getting cheated on by them’ is textbook incel language.

Nice try incel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending