The Student Room Group

I said embarrassing things to my supervisor at a faculty dinner

still makes me cringe 6 weeks later
ugh
how do i stop obsessing abt interactions from ages ago??
Lol I do the same thing. As hard as it is just not to think about it. U think wayy more then they do. Tbh they probs care more about themselves then ur thing.
Original post by JerryAttrick
Lol I do the same thing. As hard as it is just not to think about it. U think wayy more then they do. Tbh they probs care more about themselves then ur thing.

yh true i don't think he cared much. But he must think i'm a self involved ****. hmmm it's so cringe that i always seem to spill all my secrets to anyone who's a little bit nice to me if i drink a tiny bit and haven't slept in two days.
Can u tell me what u said. Bit interested ngl. Honestly I've done super cringe stuff. Like so bad
Can u tell me what u said. Bit interested ngl. Honestly I've done super cringe stuff. Like so bad

i'll say what i can without making myself identifiable
i just told him about internships i was applying to and how i wish i could be doing more technical work involving maths (i study a humanities subject). I also told him about my relationship with one of my older brothers and obliquely about family pressure to do a certain degree at a certain university, implying i didn't like the degree.
I also told him I was trying to go out more and like be more social and think i told him i'd screwed up a job interview by being hungover... and i think i said i felt like i was 'doing oxford wrong' ughhhh how ******* self-involved can you get??
I was just being rly mournful and sullen when i should have been being like perky and interesting and witty cos it was an academic dinner and that's the deal. I just dumped all my emotions on him in a rly immature way.

what's the cringiest thing you've done recently lol?
Original post by burnsofiercely
i'll say what i can without making myself identifiable
i just told him about internships i was applying to and how i wish i could be doing more technical work involving maths (i study a humanities subject). I also told him about my relationship with one of my older brothers and obliquely about family pressure to do a certain degree at a certain university, implying i didn't like the degree.
I also told him I was trying to go out more and like be more social and think i told him i'd screwed up a job interview by being hungover... and i think i said i felt like i was 'doing oxford wrong' ughhhh how ******* self-involved can you get??
I was just being rly mournful and sullen when i should have been being like perky and interesting and witty cos it was an academic dinner and that's the deal. I just dumped all my emotions on him in a rly immature way.

honestly do not worry, i'm sure your supervisor a) has heard MUCH worse and b) would have forgotten it by now! plus, it's a character building experience lmaooo and now you won't do the same thing again next time!

don't beat yourself up too much, we all replay embarrassing moments over in our head but the people we think will judge us for it genuinely don't remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending