The Student Room Group

switching uni course

I have received all my offers for uni for 2023 however im considering switching to a different course (PPE), I meet the entry requirements for this course at all the unis I've applied to. However, my original offers are from a completely different department (healthsciences), I know its a competitive course so I'm not sure if there is a good chance of being able to switch so I'm considering reapplying for 2024. Despite this I would want to try, so would I just email the unis I've applied to and see if I can change the course they offered originally or is this not possible?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by annonymous4927
I have received all my offers for uni for 2023 however im considering switching to a different course (PPE), I meet the entry requirements for this course at all the unis I've applied to. However, my original offers are from a completely different department (healthsciences), I know its a competitive course so I'm not sure if there is a good chance of being able to switch so I'm considering reapplying for 2024. Despite this I would want to try, so would I just email the unis I've applied to and see if I can change the course they offered originally or is this not possible?

Hi @annonymous4927,

I would recommend calling or emailing the unis you've applied to and asking about their course change policy. At Oxford Brookes, so long as we can see you have the potential to meet the entry requirements for the course and the course is still open, we will allow these course changes (though please be aware, they may take some time to process). There are some courses which require interview and this could make the things a little more complicated, but the only way to find out is to get in touch with admissions at the unis you've received offers from. I hope this is helpful!

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending