The Student Room Group

My friend ghosted me on WhatsApp. Is he still my friend?

My friend did not respond to my WhatsApp message for 15 days already even though he is online daily. Is this person still my friend?
Don't overthink it or stalk his online activity. Just send a follow-up message if you want to talk to him.
Original post by 1582
Don't overthink it or stalk his online activity. Just send a follow-up message if you want to talk to him.

yeah, he might have forgotten to reply to you / got caught up in other things
OK. I just you guys are correct.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend did not respond to my WhatsApp message for 15 days already even though he is online daily. Is this person still my friend?

A friend of mine didn't respond to my messages for several months, despite me double-texting a few times. She then messaged me a few weeks ago apologising for her lack of replies and told me she had been busy and going thru something and ghosting everyone bc of her mental health.

Try messaging again/calling him and ask if he's alright.
A friend of mine didn't respond to my messages for several months, despite me double-texting a few times. She then messaged me a few weeks ago apologising for her lack of replies and told me she had been busy and going thru something and ghosting everyone bc of her mental health.

Try messaging again/calling him and ask if he's alright.

Do you he will be mad if I text him again?

Go to sleep
My friend viewed my WhatsApp status but still do not reply to my WhatsApp message. Is this a good thing or bad thing?
My friend viewed my WhatsApp status but still do not reply to my WhatsApp message. Is this a good thing or bad thing?

Just because you know this friend is on the app, doesn't mean they have to/are able to reply to your previous message. They could be busy, they could have forgotten you messaged them bc it's been a while, they could have just been scrolling mindlessly for a bit but not wanted to text anyone. If you're really concerned about this friend then all you can do is just message them again.

Honestly just say something along the lines of 'hey, just reaching out bc it's been a while since I last heard from you so I wanted to check everything's okay with you :smile:' - they will probably reply and let you know what's up/apologise for not seeing your message or something simple like that.

If they do 'get mad' at you though then that's a very extreme reaction and you're better off without them so communicate to them that you will not tolerate any unkindness/disrespect when you were just trying to be a good friend.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending