The Student Room Group

boyfriend mad because I feel too ill to see him?

so we are long distance while im at uni but i got home yesterday and i've had a really bad cold like sore throat, sneezing coughing etc. we originally said that i'd go over to this today and stay the night but i said earlier than i wasn't really feeling it due to being ill. he got really funny saying i dont want to see him and that he doesnt care that im ill. idk i just want to be left alone when im ill hence why i dont wanna go over and feel gross at his. am i at fault?
Original post by Anonymous
so we are long distance while im at uni but i got home yesterday and i've had a really bad cold like sore throat, sneezing coughing etc. we originally said that i'd go over to this today and stay the night but i said earlier than i wasn't really feeling it due to being ill. he got really funny saying i dont want to see him and that he doesnt care that im ill. idk i just want to be left alone when im ill hence why i dont wanna go over and feel gross at his. am i at fault?

No it isn’t your fault at all. You can’t help how you are feeling. Best way is to compromise. Reading this, I see that you obviously don’t like having company when sick which is understandable. You care for him and don’t want him to get any sickness. On the other hand, stepping into his shoes he is viewing this as trying to avoid him, he feels hurt as you haven’t seen each other in the flesh for a while. If you’ve tried telling him and consoling him that this isn’t the case and you’ve been unsuccessful, it’s time to take some physical action. Don’t by any means feel like you have to get up and see him; you are sick. Take this time for yourself. What I mean, is ask a family member or close friend to do you a favour, act like it’s Valentine’s Day, send him a gesture e.g packet of his favourite sweets with a card from you.
maybe even write a cute little letter instead on why you fell in love with him.
If you don’t want to do this; perhaps just reason with him. If he doesn’t want to hear it, just take this time for yourself. Have a sleep, pop a movie on, pop some music on. Put on a face mask, self care is the best care.
Great advice above but you can send something yourself online.He is feeling insecure.Perhaps facetime him and he will see you really are poorly.Back in the day my boyfriend had changed chickenpox and did not want to see me.I went to visit unannounced but immediately realised he was really poorly.I felt very silly.As years have gone on I know he goes to ground when ill unlike me who wants lots of attention and being looked after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending