The Student Room Group

How are parents reacting about uni

Hi guys,
Are you off to uni, or a current student there? If so what are your experiences with your parents and uni. Did your relationship change when you went to uni ? Did they struggle with you leaving? Did your relationship become closer or more distant?
Best wishes
Emily <3
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi guys,
Are you off to uni, or a current student there? If so what are your experiences with your parents and uni. Did your relationship change when you went to uni ? Did they struggle with you leaving? Did your relationship become closer or more distant?
Best wishes
Emily <3

Hi there,

I am a current international student at Coventry University. I am studying miles away from home! My parents are really proud that I am studying at university abroad, and I am very thankful to them. Our relationship has become closer, I guess the distance has made our bond grow stronger, I try calling them at least once a day. They did struggle when I was leaving as they would miss me a lot!

Kind regards,
Juzer
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,

I am a current international student at Coventry University. I am studying miles away from home! My parents are really proud that I am studying at university abroad, and I am very thankful to them. Our relationship has become closer, I guess the distance has made our bond grow stronger, I try calling them at least once a day. They did struggle when I was leaving as they would miss me a lot!

Kind regards,
Juzer

Hi,
That’s such a brilliant relationship that you have!
thank you for sharing
best wishes,
Emily <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending