The Student Room Group

A guy

There’s this guy in my class who says he really likes me. We’ve never talked because we are both too scared to but we text a lot on snap……recently he has left me on delivered for 3 days. He turned his location off but I know he’s active. What do I do? Should I leave it or should I text him again to make sure everything’s ok. Does that mean he doesn’t like me anymore? I’m not too worried because I don’t know how I feel about him yet but he has been VERY clear that he likes me.

EDIT: well this is awkward. He told me he had a new gf today. Guess I don’t need to figure out my feelings anymore lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
I mean i think u need to stop and just evaluate your own personal feelings like do you want to actually be in a relationship with this guy or is it just the idea of a relationship that fascinates you. I feel like u should probably just text him separately to ask if hes doing ok or not because u seem to talk quite frequently, it also depends if your convos are flirty from both your side and his, if hes really into you but u have no clue how to feel then you should take a step back and figure out how u feel first basically
good luck
Reply 2
Original post by mirror9
I mean i think u need to stop and just evaluate your own personal feelings like do you want to actually be in a relationship with this guy or is it just the idea of a relationship that fascinates you. I feel like u should probably just text him separately to ask if hes doing ok or not because u seem to talk quite frequently, it also depends if your convos are flirty from both your side and his, if hes really into you but u have no clue how to feel then you should take a step back and figure out how u feel first basically
good luck

What if I don’t know how to figure that out? I’m stuck. I’ve never been in a relationship or even in a talking stage so idk how this stuff works and I don’t know how to tell the difference between romantic or platonic feelings. It’s late but if he still hasn’t answered by morning I should text him and ask if he’s okay?
Reply 3
You can't know if you like each other if you've never talked with each other; texting doesn't count.

Speak with him! It's a Bank Holiday/school holidays so could you meet up later?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by B.Tanner
What if I don’t know how to figure that out? I’m stuck. I’ve never been in a relationship or even in a talking stage so idk how this stuff works and I don’t know how to tell the difference between romantic or platonic feelings. It’s late but if he still hasn’t answered by morning I should text him and ask if he’s okay?

yeah to be honest this is understandable, it feels like a mind game 90% of the time i would say i don’t have much experience either with these things but i would say you should check on how he’s doing by tomorrow morning at least, because that definitely doesn’t mean ur in love with him it just means u have basic human decency and u care about ur friend, i would say if its really bothering you just put it over your head and treat him as he was a friend, if you dont talk in person it makes sense that you cant really figure out your feelings because its like you dont know him as well as you could if you talk irl, i would say just leave it it shouldnt matter too much if he likes u or not as long as you are okay with how its going, dont let it bother u too much (:
Reply 5
Original post by mirror9
yeah to be honest this is understandable, it feels like a mind game 90% of the time i would say i don’t have much experience either with these things but i would say you should check on how he’s doing by tomorrow morning at least, because that definitely doesn’t mean ur in love with him it just means u have basic human decency and u care about ur friend, i would say if its really bothering you just put it over your head and treat him as he was a friend, if you dont talk in person it makes sense that you cant really figure out your feelings because its like you dont know him as well as you could if you talk irl, i would say just leave it it shouldnt matter too much if he likes u or not as long as you are okay with how its going, dont let it bother u too much (:

Ok thank you I really appreciate it!!
Reply 6
Original post by B.Tanner
Ok thank you I really appreciate it!!

no problem!! good luckk (:
It sounds like you're in a bit of a tough spot. It's normal to feel uncertain about what to do when someone you're interested in suddenly goes silent. However, before jumping to conclusions, it might be a good idea to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he might be busy with something else. You mentioned that you've been texting a lot on snap, which means that he might just need a break or might be dealing with some personal stuff.

It's always okay to check in with someone you care about, but try not to be too pushy or demanding. Maybe just send a casual message to see how he's doing, and if he doesn't respond, try not to take it personally. It's important to remember that people have their own lives and schedules, and it's not always a reflection of how they feel about you.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide how you want to proceed. If you're not too worried about the situation and don't know how you feel about him yet, it might be best to just leave it for now and see how things play out. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending