The Student Room Group

Should I apply for sfe yet?

I have received an offer from a university however, this is not my first choice. I am waiting to hear back from my first choice uni. I am not sure whether to apply for sfe and fill in the details according to the offer I have received, or just wait for a decision from the other uni.
Also, can I change the details on my sfe application once I have applied and sent it off? So if I were to send off my sfe application with the details of my second choice uni could I later adapt this to my first choice uni?
Original post by Crb763
I have received an offer from a university however, this is not my first choice. I am waiting to hear back from my first choice uni. I am not sure whether to apply for sfe and fill in the details according to the offer I have received, or just wait for a decision from the other uni.
Also, can I change the details on my sfe application once I have applied and sent it off? So if I were to send off my sfe application with the details of my second choice uni could I later adapt this to my first choice uni?

Hi there,

Yes, that's right - we'd recommend making an application online as soon as possible. You can change your course and university details online at any point before September. So, if your choice of university changes later that's no problem at all.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Crb763

Hi there

I would advise applying for student finance as soon as possible as it can take quite a few weeks to process your application and its better to have it sorted sooner rather than later. You can always change the details of your university/course when you get your offer (but make sure it's done before you actually move to uni). For the time being it wont matter too much which uni you're going to, the main information that will be needed is your family income etc so that an 'amount' of loan can be generated for you. You also want to give yourself enough time to check through all your details and loan before everything is finalised. Hope this makes sense

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending