The Student Room Group

Question about changing maintenance loan amount

Is it possible to increase the maintenance loan amount I receive even if I have already started receiving payments (the first payment)? I read online that you can change your loan amount up to 1 month before the end of the academic year, but I'm just wondering if you can do that even after you have already started receiving payments.

If so, what do I have to do/what do I need to send? Do I just send SLC my sponsor 1 and 2 information possibly including their PFF2 forms? Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Zaephou
Is it possible to increase the maintenance loan amount I receive even if I have already started receiving payments (the first payment)? I read online that you can change your loan amount up to 1 month before the end of the academic year, but I'm just wondering if you can do that even after you have already started receiving payments.

If so, what do I have to do/what do I need to send? Do I just send SLC my sponsor 1 and 2 information possibly including their PFF2 forms? Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, what age are you? What is your marital status? Did you request to be income assessed when you submitted your application for funding? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what age are you? What is your marital status? Did you request to be income assessed when you submitted your application for funding? Thanks, Karen

My situation is a bit complicated here. I am 22, I am not married, my sponsors are my parents and I did request to be income assessed when I submitted my application. While making this application my visa was being renewed and so SLC was waiting until I got my new visa. But because of the fact that without my visa, I couldn't submit the evidence they deemed sufficient my application kept being cancelled and I had to keep reinstating it each time. This means that I have sent my sponsors' income details before, multiple times in fact.

A few weeks ago I finally got my visa and thus I reinstated my application, but before I could send SLC my sponsor income details (namely the PFF2 forms) again, they approved my application and I have started receiving payment for the base maintenance loan amount, even though I am entitled to a higher amount given the amount I got last year (I am in my second year of uni now).

That is why I am asking if I can increase my maintenance loan amount now, even after I have received my first payment for the base loan amount.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Zaephou
My situation is a bit complicated here. I am 22, I am not married, my sponsors are my parents and I did request to be income assessed when I submitted my application. While making this application my visa was being renewed and so SLC was waiting until I got my new visa. But because of the fact that without my visa, I couldn't submit the evidence they deemed sufficient my application kept being cancelled and I had to keep reinstating it each time. This means that I have sent my sponsors' income details before, multiple times in fact.

A few weeks ago I finally got my visa and thus I reinstated my application, but before I could send SLC my sponsor income details (namely the PFF2 forms) again, they approved my application and I have started receiving payment for the base maintenance loan amount, even though I am entitled to a higher amount given the amount I got last year (I am in my second year of uni now).

That is why I am asking if I can increase my maintenance loan amount now, even after I have received my first payment for the base loan amount.

I would advise to contact us via Live Chat on your account and the team can check this for you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending