The Student Room Group

ID'd after drinking alcohol???

I went to a Wetherspoons today with my mum and I ordered two glasses of wine, she ordered a water. I ordered the wines on the app and then when they brought them over, my mum asked if she could have water. They brought our food over then left.

We ate the majority of the food and I had at that point a glass and a half of wine, a member of staff came over and said to my mum "Does your daughter have any ID on her?"

I am a bit confused as to 1. why they asked my mum if I had ID when I was sitting right next to her, and 2. why they asked after I had drank that much? Surely if I was underage it's a bit too late when we'd finished and were about to leave???
I am 24 by the way, maybe I look like a baby but surely when I ordered the two glasses of wine and my mum said she wanted water, they would have at least thought one could have been for me?
I guess someone cocked up and forgot to ask for ID upon bringing the wine - maybe they got chewed out by their manager for it. Who knows? Does it really matter? I assume you just produced the ID and all was right with the world?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending