The Student Room Group

Gay relationship troubles, almost a year together

So, once again I am here writing in TSR. Almost a year ago, I oficially had my first boyfriend. Its been tough, lots of ups and downs. I am going to therapy, dealing with some childhood issues and what not, and my BF has been very supportive. He is incredible in so many ways; he has a job, he helps out his mother with her work and some house chores, he takes care of his older brother who is handicap, he even manages to play volleyball competetively and always finds time to hang out with me. He is, at the risk of sounding concieted, very much in love with me. It is our first relationship for both of us. However, I feel I am undeserving of his love and time. At times I feel overwhelmed by how much affection he gives me. And I feel guilty,at times, because I feel it is unfair to not being able to love him as he loves me. I have waited for months for these feelings to come, and at times they do, but for in a smooth feeble pour than a portentous torrent. I have a times explained this, and it just hurts him. What can I do? Does this mean we have to break up? Is there something wrong with me when it comes to relationships? At times I feel very angry at myself for not being in a relationship sooner, and learning how to manage a healthy one. What can I do?
Original post by Will6Lia
So, once again I am here writing in TSR. Almost a year ago, I oficially had my first boyfriend. Its been tough, lots of ups and downs. I am going to therapy, dealing with some childhood issues and what not, and my BF has been very supportive. He is incredible in so many ways; he has a job, he helps out his mother with her work and some house chores, he takes care of his older brother who is handicap, he even manages to play volleyball competetively and always finds time to hang out with me. He is, at the risk of sounding concieted, very much in love with me. It is our first relationship for both of us. However, I feel I am undeserving of his love and time. At times I feel overwhelmed by how much affection he gives me. And I feel guilty,at times, because I feel it is unfair to not being able to love him as he loves me. I have waited for months for these feelings to come, and at times they do, but for in a smooth feeble pour than a portentous torrent. I have a times explained this, and it just hurts him. What can I do? Does this mean we have to break up? Is there something wrong with me when it comes to relationships? At times I feel very angry at myself for not being in a relationship sooner, and learning how to manage a healthy one. What can I do?

Everyone is deserving on people’s love and you won’t always like someone the same way they like you - what feeling do you have for him? (If you don’t want to say this on a public chat send me a private message).
Everyone has a different experience with relationships you just have to try it and see how it goes.
Reply 2
Original post by Teresa09
Everyone is deserving on people’s love and you won’t always like someone the same way they like you - what feeling do you have for him? (If you don’t want to say this on a public chat send me a private message).
Everyone has a different experience with relationships you just have to try it and see how it goes.

I really like him, I like hanging out with him sometimes, but not as much as he would want to. I just feel that he deserves someone better, someone who loves him more than I could. Sometimes, when we fight about stupid stuff, I feel I just dont want to be with him anymore, but then I think about his life and all the things he went through and it would just feel so unfair to make him go through a break-up. After making up, after a few days, I feel good with him, I feel like we could be together for ages.
Original post by Will6Lia
I really like him, I like hanging out with him sometimes, but not as much as he would want to. I just feel that he deserves someone better, someone who loves him more than I could. Sometimes, when we fight about stupid stuff, I feel I just dont want to be with him anymore, but then I think about his life and all the things he went through and it would just feel so unfair to make him go through a break-up. After making up, after a few days, I feel good with him, I feel like we could be together for ages.

Try taking to him. Tell him how you feel. It might help a bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending