The Student Room Group

Sending Passport via Post?

Hi, just submitted my first ever maintenance loan application, and the only section that is 'Not Complete' is providing my identity evidence.

When I choose how I would like to provide proof of my identity, I select 'Enter my valid UK passport details', thinking I would just need to submit my passport number/'valid to' date online.

However when I click next it takes me to my application page where it says:

1. Send your evidence
Send the following
- Your original passport
- Evidence cover letter

And in the evidence cover letter, it sounds like I have to physically send my passport to the Darlington address. Is this correct? My research on Google makes it sound like you shouldn't have to do this, can I just submit a picture of my main Passport page in the section that is below which says:

Sending documents or forms
Upload digital copies
Upload any digital copies of documents or forms we've asked for.

Or is that just for other documents and not for the Passport?

Thanks for any help!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
I've seen that there might be a Passport Details Form that I can do instead, would I just fill that in and upload it to the 'Sending documents or forms' section? Thank you!
Original post by JoeT1938
I've seen that there might be a Passport Details Form that I can do instead, would I just fill that in and upload it to the 'Sending documents or forms' section? Thank you!

Hi there, you would complete the Passport Details Form and upload this online for the team to review. You can find out how to upload the completed form here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending