The Student Room Group

Can someone think through my relationship problem rationally and give advice

So my bf has broken up with me like 9 months ago and it was the worst pain ever for me but then 6 months later and I was completely fine. I have contacted him sometimes regarding retiring his things and he sometimes asked me how am I where I live whether I am still doing hobbies I did. I heart from common friends that he has a new gf it didn’t bother me at all and I felt like I moved on. Recently I contacted regarding something which I needed help with and I know he would be able to and after that he asked me again how am I and it was as usual (like we broke up on a very nice way). Then I jokingly said like invite me to your wedding and asked something like I heard you argue with your gf a lot on which he said he doesn’t have a gf which was odd to me as common friend said he does. Then he asked whether I had anyone and asked about my progress in my hobbies. Then proceeded to remember some intimate scenes we had in a positive an like “missing” tone. I replied like one two words on that as obviously we are exes. What does that sound like rationally. Emotionally to me it sounds like he still likes me and maybe in the future when he fixes he issues (which is why we broke up) we can be together in the future. Like after this convo my hope returned . I have met anyone better anyway (and looks like neither did he). Or am I just overthinking cause i still like and making things up which are not there cause I want him back?
Reply 1
First off, I’m so glad you were able to take your time to heal and get yourself in a healthy place. Secondly, I think there is a good chance something will happen in the future, especially since y’all ended on good terms and have kept in contact. Just remember, if anything does happen it could take some time, and he definitely needs to take the proper time to work on himself so he can pursue a happy and healthy relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending