The Student Room Group

I like my colleague

I think I’m falling for my colleague, it’s so strange because when I met him, I didn’t like him. We have to work together closely as I’m his nurse and he’s the clinician, so we end up talking a lot, and recently we’ve become very open with each other but he has had multiple serious relationships and is older than me and always says five years is a big age gap etc (not about us specifically but sometimes it feels like it) I know I’m definitely not his type but we get long so well and I’m so confused. Sometimes I just get annoyed at him because I’m jealous of the girls he does want, but then I realise he’s my colleague and he’s leaving soon anyway so it shouldn’t matter right?
I’m not even in a position to think of relationships as I’m going to go back to study in September and it would never work as I’m moving a few hours away.
I’m just torn within myself
Reply 1
Not only should you not **** where you eat, but it sounds like none of this is in your favor. You'll find other guys, he might seem perfect but so will the next one...
Reply 2
How 'serious' were his relationships if he's had multiple? Is that your definition or his?
Original post by Foxehh
Not only should you not **** where you eat, but it sounds like none of this is in your favor. You'll find other guys, he might seem perfect but so will the next one...

I suppose you’re right, it won’t work out any way and it’s unprofessional.

Original post by Surnia
How 'serious' were his relationships if he's had multiple? Is that your definition or his?

He said they lasted a couple of years, on and off so I assumed serious
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
He said they lasted a couple of years, on and off so I assumed serious

There's also the reason for all these break-ups to consider...
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I think I’m falling for my colleague, it’s so strange because when I met him, I didn’t like him. We have to work together closely as I’m his nurse and he’s the clinician, so we end up talking a lot, and recently we’ve become very open with each other but he has had multiple serious relationships and is older than me and always says five years is a big age gap etc (not about us specifically but sometimes it feels like it) I know I’m definitely not his type but we get long so well and I’m so confused. Sometimes I just get annoyed at him because I’m jealous of the girls he does want, but then I realise he’s my colleague and he’s leaving soon anyway so it shouldn’t matter right?
I’m not even in a position to think of relationships as I’m going to go back to study in September and it would never work as I’m moving a few hours away.
I’m just torn within myself

No harm in having a little fling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending