The Student Room Group

How do some people find boyfriends/girlfriends so easily?

Why are there some people that can easily get into serious relationships, and always seem to find people that they like and like them back? Is it their personality or are they just more open and make more of an effort to date and meet people?

I'm 25 and people say I'm pretty, I'm a decently nice person and I'm reasonably smart. I'm also quite funny. I don't think there's anything 'wrong' with me per se. I'm just a normal girl. I have no problem making friends and people like me but I am just perpetually single. I do want a relationship eventually but have never been in one. I've been in the talking stage with guys but it just doesn't work out and go past that. Guys/people are always surprised when I say I'm single. I do get guys approaching me but it's usually the "player" type so doesn't go anywhere.

I just can't find anyone I click with I suppose? My friends say I'm too picky but I just genuinely don't click with the guys enough to spend loads of time with them and enter a relationship. I also just don't end up catching romantic feelings for them.

How do others find people they click with so easily and want them back as well? Might it be something to do with my personality? Or am I too picky?
Can anyone provide some insight? I'm just worried I'll get to 30 and still be single lol
Original post by Em2999
Why are there some people that can easily get into serious relationships, and always seem to find people that they like and like them back? Is it their personality or are they just more open and make more of an effort to date and meet people?

I'm 25 and people say I'm pretty, I'm a decently nice person and I'm reasonably smart. I'm also quite funny. I don't think there's anything 'wrong' with me per se. I'm just a normal girl. I have no problem making friends and people like me but I am just perpetually single. I do want a relationship eventually but have never been in one. I've been in the talking stage with guys but it just doesn't work out and go past that. Guys/people are always surprised when I say I'm single. I do get guys approaching me but it's usually the "player" type so doesn't go anywhere.

I just can't find anyone I click with I suppose? My friends say I'm too picky but I just genuinely don't click with the guys enough to spend loads of time with them and enter a relationship. I also just don't end up catching romantic feelings for them.

How do others find people they click with so easily and want them back as well? Might it be something to do with my personality? Or am I too picky?
Can anyone provide some insight? I'm just worried I'll get to 30 and still be single lol

First of all, being single does have its positives since you don't have to worry about being cheated on or whatevs, if that makes you feel any better haha 🤣.
I'm almost 19 so I'm practically a child compared to you, but I've been with my boyfriend since we were 14/15 and boy, if you told me beforehand that I'd find someone like him, I'd think you're lying.

There's nothing wrong with being 'picky' as people might assume, everyone has their preferences. In my case, I just realised that I was looking in all the wrong places. At first, I thought my now bf was just some weird kid with funny aspirations, but as time progressed and we opened up to each other more and more I realised he was just what I wanted. I'll admit he caught feelings first and I nearly swerved him bc I judged him too quickly, but I decided I wasn't gonna do that and boom here we are😅.
Original post by Em2999

I'm in my 30's and I've only been in one serious relationship. That's the one I'm in now. We've been together for almost 4 years, have a baby together and we've lived together for 3 years. It took me forever to find him. I'd tried online dating and I seemed to be only connecting with absolute losers on there - there was one guy who I went on a couple dates with who when he realised I was earning more than him, decided to quit his job so that I could support him. I promptly ghosted him as I wasn't interested in supporting a man almost 10 years older than me.
My partner and I met on a blind date arranged by my friend - she worked with him, I went to school with her. From experience, the people that are always in a relationships with different people and are never single, are the people who can't be on their own. For some people it just takes time to find the right person, there's nothing wrong with you. You're not too picky. The right person just hasn't crossed paths with you yet.
I'm settled with someone now, but in the past I never had any trouble finding people to date. I think it was a mixture of likeable personality, interesting career path/hobbies/experiences, and being willing to make the first move.
Reply 4
Some people have a naturally engaging personality that generates interest and from what I’ve seen if someone is very physically attractive it guarantees plenty of interest. Everyone else has to work pretty hard for it. And as most everyone tends to want to play a bit above their league being blown out is common. Keep at it, get some advice from more successful mates and you will strike it lucky when you least expect it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending