The Student Room Group

What to do about a girl that just will not apologise?

What it says in the title really. There's this girl that I've been seeing. I accidentally offended her (yes, it was unintentional) but she seem to have taken extreme offence to it. Worse than I could have imagined.

She was relentlessly rude to me afterwards. I had had enough of her attitude, so I confronted her about it and apologised because it caused so much offence to her. Once I did that, she denied everything. She insisted that she wasn't angry and I got it all wrong.

I feel like an apology would have been nice. Even if I was mistaken, it still would have been nice because of the emotional distress she has caused. I apologised for my accidental rudeness so I dont see why she's unwilling to apologise for her relentless, intentional rudeness towards me.
Original post by Anonymous
What it says in the title really. There's this girl that I've been seeing. I accidentally offended her (yes, it was unintentional) but she seem to have taken extreme offence to it. Worse than I could have imagined.

She was relentlessly rude to me afterwards. I had had enough of her attitude, so I confronted her about it and apologised because it caused so much offence to her. Once I did that, she denied everything. She insisted that she wasn't angry and I got it all wrong.

I feel like an apology would have been nice. Even if I was mistaken, it still would have been nice because of the emotional distress she has caused. I apologised for my accidental rudeness so I dont see why she's unwilling to apologise for her relentless, intentional rudeness towards me.

I think you did but just checking did u let her know how it made u feel- if so that’s strange for her to not apologies think if it happens again maybe distance yourself from her or something
what on earth did you say? By accidentally offended do you mean you spat on her bloodline and the graves of her ancestors or you told her you didn't like her shirt?
Original post by darceyspiderman
I think you did but just checking did u let her know how it made u feel- if so that’s strange for her to not apologies think if it happens again maybe distance yourself from her

Original post by CatInTheCorner
what on earth did you say? By accidentally offended do you mean you spat on her bloodline and the graves of her ancestors or you told her you didn't like her shirt?

I’m dead probably the second one
I think you did but just checking did u let her know how it made u feel- if so that’s strange for her to not apologies think if it happens again maybe distance yourself from her or something

I did tell her but she said I misunderstood the whole situation and it never happened. She's clearly lying about that. It was so easy to tell she was mad. Also, my point is even if I was wrong she should still apologise for the hurt she caused. Especially since it was intentional.

She approached me while I was talking to someone. I acknowledged her by responding but because I felt rude turning my attention straight to her from the person i was speaking to, I carried on speaking to the other person to finish off the conversation. I did it without thinking properly because I didn't think it was a rude thing to do. Clearly, it was in her opinion.
She approached me while I was talking to someone. I acknowledged her by responding but because I felt rude turning my attention straight to her from the person i was speaking to, I carried on speaking to the other person to finish off the conversation. I did it without thinking properly because I didn't think it was a rude thing to do. Clearly, it was in her opinion.

I really don't see the issue. You respected her and the person you were talking to.
I really don't see the issue. You respected her and the person you were talking to.

Tell that to her. I apologised and explained what I did in case she misinterpreted my actions. I called her out for lying about her not being angry in the first place, when she responded to my apology. This was a big mistake because she got mad at me over that.
Tell that to her. I apologised and explained what I did in case she misinterpreted my actions. I called her out for lying about her not being angry in the first place, when she responded to my apology. This was a big mistake because she got mad at me over that.

Reckon don’t think too much into it like u didn’t do anything wrong in that situation some people can just be like that she might come around but why wld u even like care that much about the friendship if she’s gonna say those horrible words at some minor inconvenience
Reckon don’t think too much into it like u didn’t do anything wrong in that situation some people can just be like that she might come around but why wld u even like care that much about the friendship if she’s gonna say those horrible words at some minor inconvenience

And it wasn’t an inconvenience it was a pretty normal thing to do

Because I do like her....

I made it worse by calling her our for lying about it. She's mad at the fact that I didn't go along with her story and act like nothing ever happened.

However, I really don't see what's so bad about just apologising for the hurt she's caused. That shouldn't even be that big of a deal. I would gladly do it if I know that I've hurt someone.
Because I do like her....

I made it worse by calling her our for lying about it. She's mad at the fact that I didn't go along with her story and act like nothing ever happened.

However, I really don't see what's so bad about just apologising for the hurt she's caused. That shouldn't even be that big of a deal. I would gladly do it if I know that I've hurt someone.

The fact u think u made it worse by calling her out for lying she’s gaslighting u. Yh she should of 100% apologised and there was no reason for her to be rued just be careful even if u do like her do u rly wanna be with someone or whatever if there gonna be like that because no one deserves to be treated like that
(edited 1 year ago)
The fact u think u made it worse by calling her out for lying she’s gaslighting u. Yh she should of 100% apologised and there was no reason for her to be rued just be careful even if u do like her do u rly wanna be with someone or whatever if there gonna be like that because no one deserves to be treated like that

Thanks. I have a lot of thinking to do. This may be wishful thinking but I still want an apology from her rather than going along with her story like nothing ever happened. I still feel I'm owed that from her.
Thanks. I have a lot of thinking to do. This may be wishful thinking but I still want an apology from her rather than going along with her story like nothing ever happened. I still feel I'm owed that from her.

Yh for sure and it’s important u make that apology happen so she doesn’t just step on u and so it hopefully won’t happen again

Run. Leave your hometown and run. Don't make a woman angry again. They are dangerous.
Reply 14
There always a risk in being the first to apologise in the hope it’s reciprocated. If it’s not you end up feeling worse than before. Either blow her out totally, or maybe let the dust settle a while and then try to pick things up
Original post by Zarek
There always a risk in being the first to apologise in the hope it’s reciprocated. If it’s not you end up feeling worse than before. Either blow her out totally, or maybe let the dust settle a while and then try to pick things up

But if I let the dust settle and try to pick things up later then she's going to keep thinking she did nothing wrong? She's forcing me down a lie, a lie that she did nothing wrong and it was all in my head. That's effectively what I have to admit to if I continue like nothing happened.

I don't see why an apology is so difficult.
Reply 16
But if I let the dust settle and try to pick things up later then she's going to keep thinking she did nothing wrong? She's forcing me down a lie, a lie that she did nothing wrong and it was all in my head. That's effectively what I have to admit to if I continue like nothing happened.

I don't see why an apology is so difficult.

She doesn’t appear to be sorry about it
You could move forward as if nothing happened.
Whilst keeping an eye out for any other incidents that suggest she has a very controlling and awkward personality or huge entitlement that includes a foul temper & gaslighting tendencies when she sees/hears anything she dislikes.
Or dump her if you view her behaviour as incompatible with your dealbreakers or too much for you to cope with in a happy & healthy relationship.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending