The Student Room Group

Do I evaluate arguments at the end of history paragraphs along with the conclusion?

For example, in the question “To what extent did Populism dominate society in the era 1896-1912’, I would structure it P1- political impact, P2- economic impact, P3- societal impact, so would I evaluate the extent of each impact at the end of the paragraph or leave evaluation to the conclusion? If so, how do I differentiate the conclusion evaluation from the main body evaluation?
(edited 1 year ago)
i sort of do both: i do a mini conclusion at the end of each paragraph (1 sentence, maybe 2) basically linking back to the question, explaining to what extent i think it is, and then do it again in the conclusion, similarly but just in more detail. as for differentiating it i’m not sure, for me it ends up quite similar but i think it’s just good to have a consistent argument throughout
(edit) oh yeah forgot to mention i do a level
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Usernamesaredum
For example, in the question “To what extent did Populism dominate society in the era 1896-1912’, I would structure it P1- political impact, P2- economic impact, P3- societal impact, so would I evaluate the extent of each impact at the end of the paragraph or leave evaluation to the conclusion? If so, how do I differentiate the conclusion evaluation from the main body evaluation?

At what level are you studying currently? :smile:
GCSE, A Level etc?
Original post by 04MR17
At what level are you studying currently? :smile:
GCSE, A Level etc?

A-level, specifically AQA 1K and 2S
Original post by Usernamesaredum
A-level, specifically AQA 1K and 2S

For the 30 markers, I would say yes:

L5 - Shows a very good understanding of the interpretations put forward in all three extracts and combines this with a strong awareness of the historical context to analyse and evaluate the interpretations given in the extracts. Evaluation of the arguments will be well-supported and convincing. The response demonstrates a very good understanding of context.
Taken from page 4:
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2021/november/AQA-70421K-MS-NOV21.PDF

It's probably a good idea to browse the examiner's reports too:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/as-and-a-level/history-7041-7042/assessment-resources?f.Resource+type%7C6=Examiner+reports&f.Option%7C9=Option+K&f.Option%7C9=Option+S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending