The Student Room Group

I want to change my course UCAS

Hi, I want to change my course, I have chosen to do pharmacology but I might have a second choice to choose Chemical Engineering. I was wondering if I can pick it as my insurance instead. I have already put in my choices but can I change them at the result day or should I do it now? Can I change my course and should I contact a university if they got spaces? Will they ask for a new personal statement? (Which I can do)
If you have used all 5 UCAS choices you cannot just add/swap one at this stage - all you can do is contact the Unis you have applied to, who also offer the subject you want, and ask if a course switch is possible.

If you have already chosen your Firm and Insurance then you are restricted to these two Unis as your other choices/offers will now have been cancelled.

If courses are now closed, a switch may not be agreed to, in which case you will have to wait until Clearing, or reapply next year with 5 new choices.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
If you have used all 5 UCAS choices you cannot just add/swap one at this stage - all you can do is contact the Unis you have applied to, who also offer the subject you want, and ask if a course switch is possible.

If you have already chosen your Firm and Insurance then you are restricted to these two Unis as your other choices/offers will now have been cancelled.

If courses are now closed, a switch may not be agreed to, in which case you will have to wait until Clearing, or reapply next year with 5 new choices.

That's fine, thank you
Original post by Golae2451
Hi, I want to change my course, I have chosen to do pharmacology but I might have a second choice to choose Chemical Engineering. I was wondering if I can pick it as my insurance instead. I have already put in my choices but can I change them at the result day or should I do it now? Can I change my course and should I contact a university if they got spaces? Will they ask for a new personal statement? (Which I can do)

Hello,

Greetings! Hope you are doing well.

Hello! It's great that you're considering your options and thinking about changing your course.

Regarding your questions, it depends on the specific application system you used and the policies of the universities you applied to. In most cases, you can make changes to your application before the deadline, which is usually before the start of the academic year. However, it's important to check with the specific application system and the universities you applied to for their policies and deadlines.

If you've already submitted your application, you can try contacting the universities directly to ask if they have spaces available for the course you're interested in. They may or may not have spaces, but it's worth asking.

If you do decide to change your course, you may need to provide a new personal statement. This is because the personal statement is usually tailored to the course you're applying for and highlights your skills and experiences that are relevant to that particular course. If you're applying to a different course, it's important to show that you have the skills and experience needed for that course.

Overall, it's important to carefully consider your options and weigh the pros and cons of each course before making a decision. Good luck!

Warm Regards,
Megha Sharma
Student Ambassador
MSc Business Analytics
Coventry University
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello,

Greetings! Hope you are doing well.

Hello! It's great that you're considering your options and thinking about changing your course.

Regarding your questions, it depends on the specific application system you used and the policies of the universities you applied to. In most cases, you can make changes to your application before the deadline, which is usually before the start of the academic year. However, it's important to check with the specific application system and the universities you applied to for their policies and deadlines.

If you've already submitted your application, you can try contacting the universities directly to ask if they have spaces available for the course you're interested in. They may or may not have spaces, but it's worth asking.

If you do decide to change your course, you may need to provide a new personal statement. This is because the personal statement is usually tailored to the course you're applying for and highlights your skills and experiences that are relevant to that particular course. If you're applying to a different course, it's important to show that you have the skills and experience needed for that course.

Overall, it's important to carefully consider your options and weigh the pros and cons of each course before making a decision. Good luck!

Warm Regards,
Megha Sharma
Student Ambassador
MSc Business Analytics
Coventry University

Are you using ChatGPT to generate your posts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending